YFZ Central banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey all,
I have gotten a 2004 blaster white and red right now all I have is itp holeshots mx style and I have 400 bucks to piss away on this quad... lol somthing you think I would be satisfied with i am a big kid about 200 pound give or take and im about 5'9" I ride so so from what I think but I ride very hard when im up to it I was thinking about the trenger exhaust by lrd you think I should spend the 300 bills on that or buy an ;) axle? does any of you smart people have some good suggestions.

thanks mike.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Firts off why did you buy a blaster? Its ok i have one but its for sale. Well your kinda a big guy so i say suspension mod. And we need to know what kind off riding you do? I would say probabley save up and get suspension or buy a toomey b1 kit but if you get the lrd go get a k&n air filter and have your head shaved for $40.
phil

·
Premium Member
2,978 Posts
FMF fatty pipe with power core silencer.... i sell them for $249.95. best improvement youll make

·
Registered
256 Posts
We put a Bill's hard chrome pipe on it, Dynojet kit, drilled the airbox, and it now screams thru the gears. I recently added Razrs to the rear. The next mod will be better front shocks.

This is wife's bike, but I like riding it. I am 5'9" and 200# (not fat) and it will wheelie with me on it all day. It jumps decently too.

The blaster is a great bike and easy to throw around. But, you will want something bigger in a year, probably...so, add a longer swingarm at that time.

Pipe and suspension before axle!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
:sup

my friend keeps telling me to get the tenga exhaust isnt that the best pipe you can gte besides toomy only because trenga specializes in blasters? the suspension is so much money though and its not somthing you can just go buy likea pipe plus i am not really sure about what suspension is the best along the lines of dual rate triple rate and all that junk about the shocks where u pay extra money for somthig u dont even know about the kind of riding i like to do it ride the mx tracks i perfer english town they ahve some kool jumps there and its big. the trails are ok but i only experianced decent trails at off road in jersey and i didnt really like them to much they were small and u got stuck alot but please reply and throw all your opinions ont he table... thanks so much
p.s. what kind of performance do you get if you have the head shaved and what would have to be done ...taking apart the motor????

mike

·
Registered
106 Posts
hey well milled/shaved head improves horsepower thats what i was told. For christmas ask for exhaust, suspension, or money. But you ride mx buy suspension. look on ebay. the blasters ride like crap. or you can buy 250r rear shock and banshee front shocks thats what i did it rides sp much smoother

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thats what i saw from somone but how much would that cost for all new or maybee even just the rear shock or front shocks seperate? all i can probly get is the axle and pipe but i think i need the axle...no? my blaster always wants to flip and it pisses me off because i cnt do what i want with out worrying about that you know how it is with these blasters but it doesnt matter my mom bought me this for now this summer i am working 10 hours a day at 10 or 15 bucks and hour 6 days a week and i should be making around 9 grand or atleast enough for a new quad and a nice amount of mods i think i wanna get a trx450r but the yfz looks kooler and i herd the motor is faster plus the trx looks like a lady bug that got out of its box what do you think.... thanks

mike :rock

·
Registered
106 Posts
If its tipping get wheel spacers check them on ebay. To get a rear shock it is exspensive like 750. just get a 250r rear shock and banshee fronts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

i kno there about 750 but how much is two banshee shocks new and a 250r shocks new i am only asking because i will only buy them new i dont want old stuff on my quad because i am a porfectionist when it comes to my toys you knwo how it is.lol and to tell you the truth i ahve no clue a new set of banshee shocks go for you seem to know because you did it but you think only wheel spacer they only add 2.5 over stock and there 150 so please reply with your opinion and answers....thanks so,so much you are alot of help.!!!

:yfz :rock

mike

·
Registered
106 Posts
call a yamaha dealer for the front and a honda for the rear i dont know the prices. And the wheel spacers you can get them at like5 inches ocer stock and on ebay the wheel spacers are new.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

wow are u serious i thougth only 2.5 and for axles only like 3.5 for the most because iw as checking it out and lonestar had the ones that only gave 3.5 if possible(im not lazy but) could u post a link where u found these just so i kno they exist and where i can get them im gunna look on ebay now. thanks

·
Registered
106 Posts
I looked found some on ebay type in yamaha blaster wheel spacers. The ones i found are made by durablue i found rear one but than i got buted offline so i didnt see the second durablue one

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
thank you so much,but can i ask another qeustion,when you shave your head can that cause your pistons to get fried easyer. and technically how much horses does it give you, how much will it cost to have it done, it doesnt sound like somthing i can do my self,or can I, and honestly i have no clue what exhaust to get i was thinkg the trenga racing or toomey which do you perfer and why. thanks so much i have to ask these qeustions all my friends have the yfz and they dont know anything about the blasters. thanks

mike :rock

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

one more thing those wheel spacers look kinda cheap u can not get 5" bc u can bend stuff thats retarded if you cant get 5" with out bending somthin then whats the use ya know and the black ones by "dura blue" look like shinny hockey pucks and its going to look stupid with two black semi- cylinders on there plus to spens $ 200 when i can spend like $180 more and get the same result by looking better no chance of bending stronger and having the real thing is better in my opinion and i saw a pic of the banshee shocks on the front and they are higher and the wheels do not sit straight up they invert into the middle of the machine like this \ | / the (slanted) ones are the tires n rims and the middle (vertical bar) is the frame to show a center point of the direction they are going because they are much longer and beefie they arnt the same so i will be riding on the side of the rim if it is different for you could you post a picture for me?? if you can thanks it would help alot. but i herd banshee shocks arnt even good there just beefie compaired to my rinkie dink shocks.

thanks
mike

·
Registered
106 Posts
ok with the banshee shocks. well i found out that you can use a banshee axle for the rear they are longer just some more info

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

thanks what how about that how did u know that and do u think u can help answer some of thso eother qeustions i asked sorry to be a pain but i need to know those main things because i dont know what to get i am making it fit me because i am either getting a yfz this summer or a trx 450r probly the yfz though.
thanks

mike

·
Registered
106 Posts
I found out on Blasterhq.com a while back. And are you asking me what will fityou better. I think the trx450r will fit you better

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

me too i think it looks cooler but i dont know if it is faster or not. which exhaust should i get. thanks

mike

·
Registered
106 Posts
I hate the looks of the 450r i dont know why but i dont know. well r u asking me what pipe for the blaster or the 450r to get? for the blaster i dont know i have a fmf i hate it

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·

the 450r i think is slower because the crf bike is slower then the yzf bike.

the pipe i want for my blaster is trenga racing, or toomy maybee,but every one has toomy and i would rather have the first anodized muffler (trenga), and trenga specializes in blaster parts and engine mods, and even so the fmf is not the best pipe for the blaster i would rather have the dmc alien .

i would only get the fmf if i got the sst and the turbine 2 and thanks for the head up about the banshee axle

well since you know about the bashee axle how much does it add over stock. lets say the most for a blaster which is 3.5 by lonestar or durablue (now thats an axle ment for the blaster)....... how would the banshee add including the stock inches over mine lets say the banshee stock axle is like 2 inches more then mine on each side if i got an after market banshee axle how much total inches including stock inches i am only saying including stock inches because i do not know how much more then mine. if you could answer these qeustions that would be awsome because these are the basic qeustions i been needing to know.. and if possible could you post a pic of your quad so i can see what u did with the shocks, oyea the banshee shocks for two are 400$ from the factory i might as well get better ones by elka that is actually made for my quad.. just to tell you, thanks so much....

mike :yfz

1 - 20 of 53 Posts