YFZ Central banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey. I am interested in getting a new set of bars. What do you suggest?

·
Registered
9,372 Posts
i like Tag T2's myself......... look great and are really strong..... if u get those and flip ur quad...... the stem's prolly gunna bend before the bars

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Same here...thats what im getting. Some T2s in black or red. Got a one day sale at my local dealer and those bars are gonna be $35. :blah Thats what im talking about.

·
Registered
9,372 Posts
Originally posted by YFZdream450@Sep 18 2003, 06:20 AM
Same here...thats what im getting. Some T2s in black or red. Got a one day sale at my local dealer and those bars are gonna be $35. :blah Thats what im talking about.
mite hav to send me a pair or 2 for that price :rock

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Actually its just a one day sale where theyre selling all sorts of things out side. Kinda like a sidewalk sale. Its only from 9:00am-3:00pm Im gonna make sure to be there early cause i know they do this every year and they sell everything right away. Im getting this Acerbis Impact gear too for $150. Boots and all. But those handlebars are at the top of my list. Its at Chapparel in San Bernardino in Southern California. Its like a "first come, gets the best things" kinda deal. If i have enough money by then i wanna get some paddles too... :woo

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
I was thinking, if u guys want, i could buy a fey extra and just send them to u. Cause u guys probbly dont live in socal. But i wouldnt mind it. I just gotta make sure i :yfz have a litte extra $$$ at that time...So that i can buy a few more. cn jut send me the $$$ after i get them...

·
Registered
836 Posts
Woody_YFZ

"What's a good bend to bring the bars up about an inch from the stock height?"

What he said, anyone?

·
Registered
126 Posts

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
How do the trail tech bars compare to the TAG 2 in strength and vibration reduction?

I also noticed that they have a trail tech bar that is 1/2" higher than stock height, about the same width and less sweep.

Has onyone run the trail-tech computer? Any feedback?

·
Registered
126 Posts
Originally posted by FAST1@Sep 22 2003, 05:07 PM
How do the trail tech bars compare to the TAG 2 in strength and vibration reduction?

I also noticed that they have a trail tech bar that is 1/2" higher than stock height, about the same width and less sweep.

Has onyone run the trail-tech computer? Any feedback?
To be honest with you like I said I just ordered them. They are the standard height that has a bend pushing the handles forward. I should have them this week.

I did some research by asking online. I can't really find anyone that has anything negative to say about them. They are heat treated aluminum just like Renthals and other top brands. I've been told that they have a bend like TAGs. Do a search at bluetraxx or the Z400central.com forums. Many people out there like the trailtech stuff.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have the trailtech computer on my 2001 warrior and it works killer. It tells you all kinds of stuff. Great buy for a trail bike. I had a problem when I lost the instructions and I called them up and sent one to me at no extra charge.

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
Raygun

nice link..

I ordered mine from trail tech last week along with the computer and compter mount. I am getting the 1/2" raise compared to stock height bar. They do not
have the clamp available now or in the near future without the YFZ signature on it.

They did indicate that their new production clamp for the YFZ will not be in until this week (the one pictured on their webiste) however they did have stock of their pre-production clamp. I have a picture of this if your interested and/or wondering what clamp you will actually get.

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
Originally posted by YFZdream450@Sep 19 2003, 08:45 PM
I was thinking, if u guys want, i could buy a fey extra and just send them to u. Cause u guys probbly dont live in socal. But i wouldnt mind it. I just gotta make sure i :yfz have a litte extra $$$ at that time...So that i can buy a few more. cn jut send me the $$$ after i get them...
ill give you $50 shipped for the bars. tag t2's in silver. seriously-im me or pm me asap. Tainted Glory 66 <---AIM

·
Registered
126 Posts
Originally posted by FAST1@Sep 22 2003, 11:22 PM
Raygun

nice link..

I ordered mine from trail tech last week along with the computer and compter mount. I am getting the 1/2" raise compared to stock height bar. They do not
have the clamp available now or in the near future without the YFZ signature on it. 

They did indicate that their new production clamp for the YFZ will not be in until this week  (the one pictured on their webiste) however they did have stock of their pre-production clamp. I have a picture of this if your interested and/or wondering what clamp you will actually get.
Go for it. Post a pic of the clamp. If not e-mail me the pic the address is in my profile. Also atvcost.com told me that my order would ship today, and that I should get it in a couple of days.
Thanks.

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Originally posted by Tainted Glory+Sep 22 2003, 03:52 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Tainted Glory @ Sep 22 2003, 03:52 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--YFZdream450@Sep 19 2003, 08:45 PM
I was thinking, if u guys want, i could buy a fey extra and just send them to u. Cause u guys probbly dont live in socal. But i wouldnt mind it. I just gotta make sure i  :yfz have a litte extra $$$ at that time...So that i can buy a few more. cn jut send me the $$$ after i get them...
ill give you $50 shipped for the bars. tag t2's in silver. seriously-im me or pm me asap. Tainted Glory 66 <---AIM [/b][/quote]
Sent the pm bro...And oh yeah, i didnt mean making extra $$$$ off u guys. I just meant I gotta make sure i have enough money to by the actual extra bars up front. So that u guys can send me the money later. :lol

1 - 20 of 21 Posts