YFZ Central banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
Pre-load is the adjustment you make by turning the big nut on the shock body and the sock setting is 10.04in or 255mm length of the spring.

The stock rebound setting is 12 clicks out. Bottom screw

And the stock compression seting is 11 clicks out. Top screw

Scott

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
ok, so clicks out would be clicking to the left correct????
And preload is whats around the shock right????What tool do i need to use to move that and how does that work.
Im going to Glamis this year and i just want to know whats the best way to setup my shocks. Im thinking i should click the rebound and compression out as much as i could. To make it really soft, then bring it back in one click...and the preload, i have no idear cause i dont even know how to mess with it. Im gonna be riding hard and dragging, and jumping. How should i adjust accordingly to doing all these things at Glamis.???

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
You adjust the preload with a spanner wrench.

As far as adjusting for sand riding goes I weigh 220 and I backed the preload off 1 turn front and back and set the compression and rebound about 1/3 way in from all the way soft. ex: Rebound 24 total clicks went all the way soft then back 8 clicks.

Mine rides good and I never bottom on the small 8-12 jumps I do. And it hooks great.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts