YFZ Central banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
3,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Slid sideways right into a tree. Pinned my foot between nerf and bike.
Going for MRI tomorrow. So far just a broken toe.
Guess I'll be trying those new housers out sooner then I thought.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Looks painful!!

·
Registered
3,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So you fixed the chain, got riding again, and this happens? I'm starting to think your YFZ is cursed. All the engine drama and now this. Hope you get better soon Rob.
Lol, I was told when the chain broke it just wasn't ment to be. I didn't listen

·
Registered
3,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I know you got connections with everyone and everything.... how about a witch doctor?? Lol
Funny you say that, a good friends mom is a podiatrist/ foot surgeon for the military. So headed there today.

·
Registered
3,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I feel your pain busted my toe a year ago a 6” steel well casing landed on my toe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
And that is your big toe. They say that and the pinky are the worst.
I can't believe how incapacitated I am because of a broken toe

·
Registered
90 Posts
Man, not a good weekend riding it sounds like. Did you break the nerf or just bend it? What's the broken part near the frame?

I hit a big rock once while riding my dirt bike. Folded my toes back over, even with my riding boots on. Didn't think it could do that.
Get back to the truck and my three big toes are all black and blue, figured they were broke. Go see a Doc and he says yea, first two are broke, third one is probably broke too. Go in and get Xrays. when the Doc comes out, he ask me if i knew I had a bone spur? WHAT/ What about my broken toes. he tells me Oh they are fine, nothing broken. Just a bone spur.

Guess I got lucky on that one, but man that hurt.

·
Registered
3,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Man, not a good weekend riding it sounds like. Did you break the nerf or just bend it? What's the broken part near the frame?

I hit a big rock once while riding my dirt bike. Folded my toes back over, even with my riding boots on. Didn't think it could do that.
Get back to the truck and my three big toes are all black and blue, figured they were broke. Go see a Doc and he says yea, first two are broke, third one is probably broke too. Go in and get Xrays. when the Doc comes out, he ask me if i knew I had a bone spur? WHAT/ What about my broken toes. he tells me Oh they are fine, nothing broken. Just a bone spur.

Guess I got lucky on that one, but man that hurt.
Nerf is broken in a few spots. The mount up front bent. It cracked in the middle and by the peg. The mount at the foot peg.bent too. Then the brake lever got all wadded up to.

·
Registered
90 Posts
yea, I saw that the brake lever got wadded up. With the new angle of the picture, this makes it more clear. So the front nerf bar broke in half. Man that had to be a hard hit.

Glad it's just a toe that's broke and nothing else more serious. Or is it?

·
Registered
3,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Boo. All this for a broken toe.
Going for MRI tomorrow.
Gotta check for a lisfranc injury. Hopefully just the toe and move on.

·
Registered
279 Posts
I'd imagine you have to take that thing off to drive? That sucks dude. Really wish you a speedy recovery.

However, now you'll be able to find some time to look through those banshee parts... heh

·
Registered
3,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Do you not where riding boots?
I do. Tech3s.
I think I would have lost my foot if I was in work boots. To blow apart my nerf and wad up my brake pedal I hit it hard. The bike was in 3rd gear when they went to move it.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts