YFZ Central banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok here is the weird issue. I installed a Ricky Stator and Regulator. I noticed when i installed the stator lights now came on with the key like a raptor would. I figured it was normal. Everything was good for a few rides. I get to glamis and we ride then shut the quad and it wont start like it had no spark or fuel. Checked fuel and it was good. It had no spark. Switched out coil and plug and still no spark. We had hot on both sides of coil plug. Basically we installed the stock stator and regulator and it had spark and fired back up. I noticed though that the lights would still be on with the key if i turned them on. We rode that day and into the night. As soon as we threw the lights on it eventually drained the battery and started dieing out. The second I turned the lights off I got full power etc back and the thing ran great. I think it has something to do with the lights going on with the key. Does anyone have any ideas where to start with this? Thanks - JT

·
Registered
1 Posts
I currently have the exact same problem with my yfz.......changed the stator.....and the bike ran good.....for the first couple of rides....now it wont start at all......i blew the headlights on my bike and a friend of mine told that some yfz's use the headlight through the starting circuit.....let me know if you figure out what the problem is.......i am now going to install new headlights and we will see what happens.....thanks man

1 - 2 of 2 Posts