YFZ Central banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally have the time and money to my mods this weekend. This will be my first time doing this type of work. I've got the directions from daddog's page printed out. I'll be putting hmf full pipe, cam mod, and possibly alba intake. Any advice on the order I should do the mods. For those first timers who've also done the cam mod, any advice or problems that you had that were not covered on daddog's site. Thanks for all the help in advance.

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
John, first I would take the old pipe off, then take the airbox off.

Go ahead and drill out the rivets on the airbox to install the Alba kit, and get that done. Should take you about 10-20 minutes.

Now with all that stuff out of the way procede to do the cam mod. 1 hour or so.

Now total 1-2 hours

So the top is back on now, while the pipe is still off rotate the carb so that the bottom is towards the left side ot ghe bike and install the new jets that I send ya.

And you will be able to get to the needle on the other side of the bike.

Install the pipe, and put the airbox back on.

2 hours total

Fire her up and enjoy your NEW quad.

·
Registered
542 Posts
When you get to the cam journal covers, screw the cam cover allen head bolt back into the one you have to pull off. It gives you a little handle to pull it up with. If you pull it up real careful, the bearing will stay in place, so you won't have to worry which way it goes back in. :D

·
Registered
28 Posts
if i do the cam mod, will it void my 6 month fact. warranty?

·
Registered
37 Posts
My advice would be to do cammod and rejet, ride it and see how you like it. Then put HMF on and rejet. I personally feel doing mods to motors is like making changes to computers, if something doesn't work it will be alot easier to systematically find the culprit. just my two cents. or the hmf first you decide

1 - 5 of 5 Posts