YFZ Central banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:wtf I was washing my bike the other day, and noticed that with the airbox lid off, and seat on that alot of water settles in there. And there is no drain plug in the box.....

By the time I was done washing I had 1/4 inch of water in there. Just a good idea to check your airbox for water before you start your bike, and for now on I'll put my lid back on before I wash it, and stuff a rag in the hole too. :re

·
Registered
67 Posts
Same here, there is actually a drain of sorts, the indicator window can be pulled out at the bottom of the airbox and put back in when youre done.

What I'll do next time is zip tie a plastic bag over the snorkle of the lid and wash with it on and the seat removed. (More access to the dirt) Then I dont have to worry about it

·
Premium Member
1,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by edgerat@Aug 12 2003, 01:06 PM
If that isnt a drain plug on the front of the airbox I dont know what is :wtf (wouldnt be the first time)
Mine has no hole, plug, or anything...... I took out my filter and everything to make sure I looked every where. I thought it was strange that there wasn't one. I'm probably going to drill a hole, and install a drain plug. I will look again to make sure I'm not smoking crack, but the bottom of my airbox was smooth w/ no holes.

·
Premium Member
1,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yeah it was there....

I took it off, but still had a piece of plastic in there I had to knock out. That's probably why I didn't see it from the inside looking out? :wtf ....weird.....

·
Registered
46 Posts
oopps just washed mine last night and didnt even check.. im used to the air box being closed!! Better check when I get home!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts