YFZ Central banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2020 YFZ450R SE
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody have A-Arm skid plates they're willing to part with? I ordered them online thru motosport.com 3 months ago and still not in stock. I would happily buy used ones off here assuming they're in fairly good condition and have all the mounting hardware needed.

·
Registered
2020 YFZ450R SE
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
View attachment 94513

I received them within about 7 days of ordering..
Well that's nice! We'll see how long I wait...
BTW, I've never seen the 2019 SE before and I must say the color scheme is sick dude! The blue a-arms set it off. Bravo on matching the handguards too, looks F-ing sweet!!

·
Registered
2019 YFZ450R SE
61 Posts
Well that's nice! We'll see how long I wait...
BTW, I've never seen the 2019 SE before and I must say the color scheme is sick dude! The blue a-arms set it off. Bravo on matching the handguards too, looks F-ing sweet!!
[/QUOTE

Honestly the skids are well worth the wait. Just have patience installing the a arm skids. Belly skid went on effortlessly. A arm skids not so much. Mount all the brackets loosely, like, each bolt only 2 or 3 threads in first. Between the angle the a arms, supporting the skids from below with one hand, holding the bracket from above with the other and getting a bulls eye with the bolt from below with what you wish was your third, you may want to aggressively throw a wrench. BUT they are worth their weight in gold. Also, thank you. Im a sucker for the blue/gray/white. Also the powermadd handguards are as worth their weight in gold as the skids. Got the blue TMD chain slide n guide kit, also highly recommended. Next will be blue bead locker wheels 😁

·
Registered
2020 YFZ450R SE
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That's another thing I'm waiting on...DWT beadlock wheels & GBC tire combo. Ordered from ATV Galaxy on 3/28, still no shipping info. I've officially learned my lesson, order everything 3-6 months before the season starts!!

·
Registered
361 Posts
That's another thing I'm waiting on...DWT beadlock wheels & GBC tire combo. Ordered from ATV Galaxy on 3/28, still no shipping info. I've officially learned my lesson, order everything 3-6 months before the season starts!!
ATV Galaxy is NOTORIOUS for listing things in stock, you make your purchase, then get an email the next day "we're sorry, seems like we are on backorder for everything you ordered. Even though you paid today, you might have your parts in a few weeks." F that place. Same exact thing happened 4 times in the a row... ironically one of them being an order for DWT's. They tried this on my last order, for some chain sliders. Saying there was a nationwide backorder and NOBODY had them... I canceled the order, had them in 4 days from another company.

Lesson to be learned - avoid ATV Galaxy like the plague. Unless you like paying today and waiting for weeks to months for your parts to show up.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2020 YFZ450R SE
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ATV Galaxy is NOTORIOUS for listing things in stock, you make your purchase, then get an email the next day "we're sorry, seems like we are on backorder for everything you ordered. Even though you paid today, you might have your parts in a few weeks." F that place. Same exact thing happened 4 times in the a row... ironically one of them being an order for DWT's. They tried this on my last order, for some chain sliders. Saying there was a nationwide backorder and NOBODY had them... I canceled the order, had them in 4 days from another company.

Lesson to be learned - avoid ATV Galaxy like the plague. Unless you like paying today and waiting for weeks to months for your parts to show up.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
These God damn crooks!! I really wish I had known. I'm amazed that they get such good feedback (4.6 stars) when they're pulling this type of shit! I'm emailing them right now, if they don't give me the information I want to hear, the orders being cancelled!
Thanks for the info Philly.

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
I think dwt is way backed up. Albas aren’t bad and they come dual pattern now. I ordered 2 things from atv galaxy and got them fast. My asv levers and pep clutch arm I think. Covid has everything messed up

·
Registered
2020 YFZ450R SE
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I think dwt is way backed up. Albas aren’t bad and they come dual pattern now. I ordered 2 things from atv galaxy and got them fast. My asv levers and pep clutch arm I think. Covid has everything messed up
I'm starting to consider cancelling my order regardless if they say they're shipping next week. I just searched for additional 9" and 10" rings for the wheels because I wanted to have a spare set and powder coat one set...cant find them in stock anywhere! I do my best to eliminate the potential of having the quad sit / collect dust when it comes to spare / new parts. I don't want to have to scramble to find parts / stock when something goes wrong / breaks. DWT is very clearly backed up so it concerns me quite a bit. I can only imagine the rage I'll experience if I do decide to wait 2-3 months to get the wheels and something (God forbid) be wrong with one of the wheels or tires...I'll lose my GD mind!
I'm looking into Alba and HiPer as we speak. HiPer's ARE PRICEY!!

·
Registered
2020 YFZ450R SE
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I think you’ll be impressed with the albas. I know a guy who just got some and they are in stock
Did he happen to get the polished wheels because all but 1 size are out of stock in the black wheels. Or maybe he bought them from a different site? I took a quick look at Alba's site and they're showing out of the black stock sizes that I need. I'll do some more looking around and keep checking their site for inventory updates. I definitely like those though.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.