YFZ Central banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quad I just purchased has Walsh a arms.The ball joints in the upper a arms are loose fitting.Ball joint itself is tight.He showed me this when I looked at it.Said it happened from powder coating.He had the color changed on them.Little use on them.Told me it was a common problem.

·
Registered
219 Posts
if they sandblasted the inside, it could have made ti fractionally larger. which is all it would take. could probably send them to walsh and they would probably be able to weld new rings on them... woudlnt hurt to take them out and look at them. maybe the ball joints are from fastenal or something like that, so they arnt the exact correct size.

·
Registered
579 Posts
if there is a small defrence maybe find some balljoints that are a little bit bigger

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I am sure Walsh would help.More than likely say to return and have new ends welded on.Which more likely I will do.Just would like to know if others have had the same issue.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Just an idea try using green loctite retaining compound for a slip fit. Might work, might not, but is def worth giving it a try! I had to do this on my buddies houser a-arms before.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.