YFZ Central banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is anyone running this fuel, a guy here in ky has it running in his 450 and its way faster than mine, but he wont tell me his jetting.. i have the air box lid off, baffle out, 45 pilot,168 main and 2.5 turns right now.. what should i jet it up to if i want to put a pipe and run this ultimite 4 fuel??

thanks

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
I just finished running C12 in my YFZ with half of 91 pump gas. Im running the Ultimate 4 now, and i have a 175 main, and a 48 pilot. But i also have all the other mods listed in my sig.
Around 185 main
:nono I dont think u have to make such a drastic change in the main just because ur using the ultimate 4 :nono . What mods do u have? Im not going over 180 until i get my head ported, and changing the piston. I think that 185 main will be too rich for u... :yfz

It also might be a good idea to mix it with half of 91 pump gas, cause that stuff isnt cheap, and ittl still run awesome with half and half because of that high octane. :lol :lol :lol

·
Registered
625 Posts
Originally posted by YFZdream450@Nov 16 2003, 03:59 PM

, and ittl still run awesome with half and half because of that high octane. :lol  :lol  :lol
If i isn't detonating, higher octane will make the quad slower.

Geoff.

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Is that gas too high to be running my YFZ with the mods listed? I was gonna mix it half with 91 pump gas like i did with the VP C12, but i just read up a lot about this gas, like u said its the oxygen that helps the HP, not the octane. But back to the original question, which would be better? Running it straight, or mixing it with pump???thanx

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i just want to use it for drag racing.. but i want to know how to jet my 450 to run with it.. if any one knows please help.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Originally posted by brad c@Nov 17 2003, 06:23 PM
i just want to use it for drag racing.. but i want to know how to jet my 450 to run with it.. if any one knows please help.
Just run 91 pump gas. You're wasting your $ w/ the VP or any race fuel for that matter w/ the stock compression.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Originally posted by YFZdream450@Nov 16 2003, 03:59 PM
I just finished running C12 in my YFZ with half of 91 pump gas. Im running the Ultimate 4 now, and i have a 175 main, and a 48 pilot. But i also have all the other mods listed in my sig.
Around 185 main
:nono I dont think u have to make such a drastic change in the main just because ur using the ultimate 4 :nono . What mods do u have? Im not going over 180 until i get my head ported, and changing the piston. I think that 185 main will be too rich for u... :yfz

It also might be a good idea to mix it with half of 91 pump gas, cause that stuff isnt cheap, and ittl still run awesome with half and half because of that high octane. :lol :lol :lol
Sorry, that was with an exhaust and no airbox lid. It runs PERFECT on the 185. When i get done with my porting and new air setup hopefully ill have it up to a 195 or 200 :eek

Only run race gas if your motor needs it. Otherwise it is mostly just a waste of money. It is better quality than pump gas however so your not just buying the "higher octane number".

·
Registered
50 Posts
I have run the VP ultimate 4 with my YFZ and it runs excellent. It is not just race gas like a lot of people will tell you, the stuff is oxygenated and thats where the power increase comes from. I ran mine straight and went up 2 jet sizes. I runs excellent but its really expensive.

·
Registered
631 Posts
i wish i could find some of it so i could try it but no one sells it around me that i could find

andy

1 - 13 of 13 Posts