YFZ Central banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I need help I got an RP racing exhaust with a fuel custom intake got the vortex programmer one of my friends wants me to take it to get a map put on it but do I really need to or is there a map that will do just as good and if there is which one

·
Registered
30 Posts
If you want the most of the said parts, you should go get it dynotuned and they should map it for you.

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
He just has the Rp exhaust. You can run the preloaded maps. I wouldn’t change maps unless you were on a dyno. The vortex will make a major change in power over the stock ecu

·
Registered
8 Posts
I live in MI, so basically always under 1000 ft. I have Rossier R5 and FCI on a 2014 and am waiting to get Vortex for final piece of the puzzle. I've read several posts and threads about what map to run, and I think I've settled on 7-7-7.....any thoughts? Also, is there any difference with the Tokyo Mods version of the Vortex other than they pasted their logo on it? From what I see on their website, they do not say anything about if they pre-load maps based on machine or if they are just re-selling it with logo on it......am I missing something?????

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I live in MI, so basically always under 1000 ft. I have Rossier R5 and FCI on a 2014 and am waiting to get Vortex for final piece of the puzzle. I've read several posts and threads about what map to run, and I think I've settled on 7-7-7.....any thoughts? Also, is there any difference with the Tokyo Mods version of the Vortex other than they pasted their logo on it? From what I see on their website, they do not say anything about if they pre-load maps based on machine or if they are just re-selling it with logo on it......am I missing something?????
Let me know how that map feels I put mine on map 7 and 5-5-6 I haven’t went riding but it sounds good to me

·
Registered
2020 YFZ450R SE
114 Posts
Let me know how that map feels I put mine on map 7 and 5-5-6 I haven’t went riding but it sounds good to me
I would be interested in hearing what exactly people have done to their quads as for mods and what they've landed on for map selections. In addition to, what map selections they've tried and why they made whatever adjustments they've made to land at what they consider to be the "best" map selection for their machine. OR, what adjustments were made when tested on a Dyno.

I know there's all sorts of factors at play but it's interesting no less.

I have the Big 3, AIS delete (not sure that makes a difference), no motor mods and ride under 1,500 feet elevation. I've only tried my Vortex on Duncan Map 1 - 7L 7M 6H. I'm taking it up north this weekend and plan to do a little playing around with the Vortex settings so I will report back with what I find.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I would be interested in hearing what exactly people have done to their quads as for mods and what they've landed on for map selections. In addition to, what map selections they've tried and why they made whatever adjustments they've made to land at what they consider to be the "best" map selection for their machine. OR, what adjustments were made when tested on a Dyno.

I have the Big 3, AIS delete (not sure that makes a difference), no motor mods and ride under 1,500 feet elevation. I've only tried my Vortex on Duncan Map 1 - 7L 7M 6H. I'm taking it up north this weekend and plan to do a little playing around with the Vortex settings so I will report back with what I find.
Let me know how that feels I’m running big 3 as well no motor mods

·
Registered
8 Posts

So I talked with Jamie (?) at Tokyo Mods yesterday on the phone and described my quad to him. 2014 450R with FCI and Rossier R5 with no motor mods and he suggested the Map 1 setting, I believe he said it was 5-5-6? Anyways, he said for sure Map 1 with what I described to him, mostly woods trail riding and he was pretty confident with his answer. Of course I'll try different Maps if necessary. Just saving up the $700 + now.

·
Registered
2020 YFZ450R SE
114 Posts
Let me know how that feels I’m running big 3 as well no motor mods
So after running the quad on Map 1 - 7L 7M 6H for about 60 miles I was less inclined to adjust it because it was running extremely well. No bog, no pops, nothing at all to complain about. I did finally make a minor adjustment but didn't notice much difference. I kept it on Map 1 but adjusted the L to 6, the M to 6 and the H to 5. Next time I go up north I'm gonna try Map 7 and Map 9 to see what the higher rev limits maps do for me.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts