YFZ Central banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone used the wiseco titanium valves? Are they any good or should I stay with oem? Not going bigger but want to make sure they have a backcut and are reliable. I can get them for a good price so I'm just wondering. Thanks

·
Registered
219 Posts
On my ktms which have titanium del west valves stock, i can promise you that then never stretched. I never had to adjust my clearance on them. to the point i stopped checking them regularly because they never moved. On the YFZ so far ive found the same thing. I will say that Stainless valves were the same outcome on another machine. Would i worry about valves stretching, no... I also wouldnt say i believe they stretch if you use good high quality valves. cheapos, maybe...

Reactions: shaftman_05

·
Registered
2,099 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have no problem going back oe if they are the most durable. I can get wiseco and pro x at dealer cost that's why I asked. If there are any other brands like del west or ferrera that are more durable i may go that route. Just wanted opinions and experiences.

·
Registered
214 Posts
My 07 had bad valves when i bought it with 0 compression, depends how you take care of your bike i assume also, i like to buy things i know will last insted of buying them twice. Just my 2 cents and on here it is worth less likes every one elses 2 cents.

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
This forum is full of haters.

Stainless are known to be inferior valve systems to titanium. Weaker. Heavier. Stiffer springs will be needed also.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm definitely staying with titanium. Just wanting to know what is the best performing most reliable brand of titanium valve. The two I mentioned are the ones that I can get for the best price. BTW shaftman, I love the look of your bike, mine is an 07 grey/red and yours is exactly what I want eventually.

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
I'm definitely staying with titanium. Just wanting to know what is the best performing most reliable brand of titanium valve. The two I mentioned are the ones that I can get for the best price. BTW shaftman, I love the look of your bike, mine is an 07 grey/red and yours is exactly what I want eventually.
Thanks! Gray/red is by far my favorite combo for o.e. colors. They just pop together. It was a long road... well not really that long. Lol.

It still gets parts! Just picked up a used duncan steering stabilizer for it. That pic was before I had my alba cap and other parts that you can't really see.

Next winter tear down for powder coat. Swinger, frame, etc. Want it to look better than new.

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
When I got the 06 head I run curently from here a few years ago,the center valve was shot.I bought a lonely Wiseco titanium on Ebay and it was pretty impressive to look at and has not gave me a problem ever.Never had the seats done,just dropped the valve in.It was new and if I remember paid like $30 shipped(what a deal).Anyways I was pretty impressed with the qualitly.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.