YFZ Central banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The swing arm is a Tucker pro model, and I had them send it to me Unfinished because I am eventually going to change my color scheme to something a little more radical. ;) It's + 1.25 inches

Attachments

·
Registered
122 Posts
like your work!!!

what colour scheme are thinking??????

:moose 450

·
Registered
625 Posts
Merriman.

I see you have the lsr arms, did you have to get special lower shock bolts. or did the stock ones do.

Thanks mate, Geoff.

·
Premium Member
1,214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Geoff,

I did have to get special Lower shock bolts with my A-arms. Mine were some of the first ones out the door at LSR, so there were a few problems that had to be addressed that they fixed in there latest arms. You can buy the lower shock bolts at any hardware store. Look for the thick shank (17mm I believe) with the off set head (smaller head diameter.) or you can get allen head bolts. Also just reuse your stock nuts.

And I am not saying what my next scheme is going to be becuase I want to be original. ;) Sorry........

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
Very nice! Damn, I can only wish my quad looked half as nice as your quad. Very nice I like what you have done to tit. I love your front bumper Merriman, I think I am getting that but...

Do you have any regrets getting the Duncan for MX since it does not offer any Debris protection? That is the only reason I am hesitant on buying one today. I am thinking maybe I should get a mudscreen type bumper. Are you happy with your Duncan Merriman? Or would you reccommend getting something that offers more protection for the radiator?

·
Registered
453 Posts
did u buy those wheels, if so where from, or did u just get them pc'd :what

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
where did u get that DFR sticker, looks sweet. and as for the quad :ihit

·
Registered
9,372 Posts
LOOKS GREAT LEVI!!!!!!! keep the parts comin man!!! :rock

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Originally posted by sux2beu@Feb 15 2004, 09:56 AM
Merriman

Where did you get that DFR sticker with the skull. I would like to get that for my YFZ
:stupid 8|

·
Premium Member
1,214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Sorry I was at the Sand dunes for the weekend. :blah

Anyways the DFR STICKERS are some that my brother and I made out of the same reflective blue vinyl that we made those "YFZ RIDE" boards out of
. Also they have a grey back ground I'm not sure if I can sell them or not siunce my brother owns the machine, and Rudy (Owner of DFR) owns the scheme. I can ask both what they think, and get back with you.

Next; I love the duncan bumper. It looks great, and that is what I was shooting for. It does not protect to well against debris, but a radiator screen will.

And my wheels are anodized, not PC'd. I had them anodized in September and they still look great It's not a bad choice going with anodizing ver PC. Just see what is cheaper in your area.

·
Premium Member
452 Posts
Hey Merriman,

I see you installed the arm, looks great. Now that you have tried it, does it make much difference? How is it riding the dunes with a longer swing arm?
Another thing, I'm thinking about going to Glamis on Good Friday, which I believe is the begining of April. If you're going should we try to have a bunch of people meet up again?
Let me know,
Later.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts