Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's some pics showing the Tag X5s...

Took 'em last evening.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Nice looking quad, Im looking at the blue anodized tags I think that will look sweet with that blue HMF pipe!!!!!!

What pipe you running?

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Originally posted by trueblue450@Sep 9 2003, 07:12 AM
What pipe you running?
Sparks now then changing to a Thunder Alley in a few weeks when it's done. Actually, the pipe is done, but it's getting ceramic coating and that's the hold up.

·
Premium Member
1,214 Posts
I thought X5's were the 7/8's bars with the cross bar, while the t-2's were the 1 1/8 fat bars??????

Anyways you gotta pretty sweet bike, and you need to do a technical thread on how to install that kickstarter!!!!! I talked with Yamaha yesterday, and they said mid Oct. before they even have a part number, and price? They also said they are still in the "design, and reveiw" phase of working on it :wtf
Then I asked why do I see a few bikes already with the GYTR kicker starter, and others that have adapted the YZ 450 kicker to work? How can you be still designing it......all I got was :uhoh

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Originally posted by Merriman@Sep 9 2003, 09:04 AM
I thought X5's were the 7/8's bars with the cross bar, while the t-2's were the 1 1/8 fat bars??????
You're right, the X5s are the 7/8s". I just took the cross bar off. I didn't want spring for a new steering stem or install an adaptor for 1-1/8" bars. I'd prefer 1-1/8" bars though. Both the X5's and Renthal Fatbars have 5mm walls. Hopefully the 1/4 smaller diameter won't punish me for the "modification".

I talked with Yamaha yesterday, and they said mid Oct. before they even have a part number, and price? They also said they are still in the "design, and reveiw" phase of working on it :wtf
Then I asked why do I see a few bikes already with the GYTR kicker starter, and others that have adapted the YZ 450 kicker to work? How can you be still designing it......all I got was :uhoh
IMO the machine should have had one on it when it came out. It would have been very simple. I've only seen (1) bike with what appears to be a GYT-R kicker on it and it was a factory prototype. Where else have you seen one? I'd like to take a look at the kicker arm.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts