YFZ Central banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know where ot get the cheapest one possible. I need an aluminum air box and the only one that i can find is at alba for 239 with kn and the outer. Is the aluminum air box going to make any difference?

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
that CFM box doesnt come with a K&N or Outerwear .... they charge an extra 50 bucks for a k&N and it doesnt come with an outerwear.

Get the Alba adapter plate for the stock air box. It comes with a k&N, outerwear and plate all for $99 :rock Cant beat that!!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
I thought that was the K&N for the 450. Which one is alba selling for $100 then? :what

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
the k&n filter that comes with the alba kit is friggin huge!!! its different than the one in the pic (much bigger) it takes up the whole box like the stock filter

·
Registered
257 Posts
i installed a um air box and all 4 mounting tabs snapped off at the welds in 1 hour of riding taking it back tomorrow to exchange for new one i hope this dosent happen again not very happy with it so far.

·
Registered
44 Posts
i installed a um air box and all 4 mounting tabs snapped off at the welds in 1 hour of riding taking it back tomorrow to exchange for new one i hope this dosent happen again not very happy with it so far.

If they don't take care of your problem, get your money back and give me a call. Quality with a Warranty!

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Originally posted by schwendi@Oct 11 2003, 10:05 PM
the k&n filter that comes with the alba kit is friggin huge!!! its different than the one in the pic (much bigger) it takes up the whole box like the stock filter
:rock Thats what im talking about.

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
Originally posted by detroityfz450@Oct 13 2003, 07:18 PM
mine did the same thing I called them and they have changed the design and sending me a new one

·
Registered
257 Posts
Originally posted by cjpoole1+Oct 13 2003, 05:15 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (cjpoole1 @ Oct 13 2003, 05:15 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--detroityfz450@Oct 13 2003, 07:18 PM
mine did the same thing I called them and they have changed the design and sending me a new one [/b][/quote]
yeah i called them today and they said they have recalled all the 1st ones but they didnt get them all back i am sending it back and they are sending me a updated one.

they also stated on a bone stock 450 they gained 6.1hp with their air box over stock then added they gyr-t exhaust and gained 2 more hp

i just wish someone would make a new intake tube to the carb.

·
Registered
9,372 Posts
Originally posted by detroityfz450@Oct 15 2003, 03:23 AM
it dnt make that big of difference..... people thought the same thing for the Z's..... so they made an EX one fit, VERY VERY SMALL inscrease in power they said

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Originally posted by YFZ_53+Oct 14 2003, 08:30 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (YFZ_53 @ Oct 14 2003, 08:30 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--detroityfz450@Oct 15 2003, 03:23 AM
it dnt make that big of difference..... people thought the same thing for the Z's..... so they made an EX one fit, VERY VERY SMALL inscrease in power they said [/b][/quote]
hey who did that?????? oh wait .... it was me :uhoh :stupid

·
Registered
9,372 Posts
Originally posted by schwendi+Oct 15 2003, 05:39 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (schwendi @ Oct 15 2003, 05:39 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 14 2003, 08:30 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--detroityfz450
@Oct 15 2003, 03:23 AM

it dnt make that big of difference..... people thought the same thing for the Z's..... so they made an EX one fit, VERY VERY SMALL inscrease in power they said
hey who did that?????? oh wait .... it was me :uhoh :stupid [/b][/quote]
:lol yup thats who it was :lol (one of em)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts