YFZ Central banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have not seen too many ppl from these areas.. but are there any texas or oklahoma riders here??

·
Registered
60 Posts
tomball ?? where is that i have lived in texas for 22 years and never heard of it

·
Premium Member
579 Posts
I am in Amarillo, Texas. In the middle of the Panhandle of Texas. I am going to Little Sahara with a couple friends March 18-21. Any one else want to go?

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Originally posted by Reaction Racing@Mar 2 2004, 05:21 AM
I am in Amarillo, Texas. In the middle of the Panhandle of Texas. I am going to Little Sahara with a couple friends March 18-21. Any one else want to go?
Sahara is a blast!! but that weekend I think that I am heading out to Kermit TX to the dunes there... I have never been out there before and suppose to be nice.

Do any of you guys race?? where and what series?

·
Registered
44 Posts
BORN AND RAISED IN TEXAS AND AIN'T NEVER LEAVING...

GREAT TO HEAR FROM ALL THE YFZ OWNERS...
HAD MINE FOR 2 WEEKS AND CAN'T EVEN TAKE IT OUT YET.....BAD WEATHER....

ALRADY INSTALLED THE GYT-R JET KIT AND DECOMP PLUG.

LATER....

:red

·
Registered
503 Posts
hey motogurl,

kermit dunes are nice. used to be tons of riders on the weekends and plenty of dunes for the afternoon rider. no SUPER SUPER tall ones like glamis, but plenty of good runs. there's a nice pond out there if you can find it. used to do our bonfires out there as a kid. 10 min from town.
I grew up in kermit.

Reaction Racing,

are all of the trails still out there and ridable around the canadian river outside of amarillo? i used to ride enduro's and poker runs when i was a kid out there. was absolutely one of my favorite riding spots.

i miss texas so bad.

·
Registered
44 Posts
SOMEBODY EITHER E-MAIL ME DIRECTIONS TO KERMIT OR TELL ME IF THEY HAVE A WEBSITE FOR DIRECTIONS....

THANKS.....

I LIVE IN THE DFW AREA

:red :yfz

·
Registered
61 Posts
Just take 115 NE out of Kermit. 10-12 miles. Just got back from there. Rode there from the 15th-17th. Lots of sand and lots of super nice people.
Also road at imperial. A small area 12 miles south if I-20. I believe off of FM 1053.
Even had an invite to supper. Delecia's in Odessa is a great mom and pop mexican place. Thanks Danny. The Enchalidas Montada were great.

·
Registered
60 Posts
wildtxn where are you at right now to miss texas soooo bad ??? and why arent you living there im from vidor tx it is about 30 minutes east of houston near Beaumont tx and i miss tx alot too so many places i could be riding now but im stuck in Great falls Montana for 4 and a half more years in the airforce, if there was a way for me to cross train right now and go back there i would jump all over it

·
Registered
503 Posts
CK,

i spent 10 years active duty army and ended up a contractor working in the middle east.....but texas is always HOME. i'm on an island called bahrain a few minutes off the coast of saudi arabia. there are a few places to ride here, but not enough. there are dunes in dubai, but issues getting quad BACK into country if i take it out :( although, i do have the baddest arse quad on the island :)

i lived in kermit almost my entire childhood and grew up in the dunes there :) i miss it........although there are TONS of awesome ride spots around texas. my main ride spots were canadian river outside amarillo and post, NM for enduros, cloudcroft, NM for awesome trail riding, but don't know that a quad would cut it there. there are some trick spots in east tx where my parents are now. right outside of longview. i'll be back in a few more years, but can't turn down the money just yet working over here.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Sooner born and Sooner bred and when I die I'll be Sooner dead :)

I ride all over Oklahoma for fun and OCCRA racing... This coming weekend Ill be racing in far west Oklahoma in a town called Erick on a course that actually crosses the border into the Texas panhandle. If anyone wants to race check out http://www.occra.com.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm in Amarillo, TX Love riding at Little Sahara also. I would like to go to Kermit I have heard it is pretty nice.Any one from around here ride in the Arena Cross that was held here march 6th. :rock

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks wldtexan for the info!!! I am lucky enough I am in the dead middle of the Kermit Sahara and Louisana dunes... I had a race canceled in Stillwater OK this weekend and ended up at the Dunes on Sunday and it was a blast... ALTHOUGH didnt get home until 1:30am and had to work today hehe but was a BLAST!!!! SORRY to hear that you are so far from home

SoonerYFZ-- talked to a guy at Sahara on Sunday that was talking about that series... one of the guys that I go to races with lives in Durant... may check out that series .. always up for some new tracks!!

·
Premium Member
579 Posts
Originally posted by wildtxn@Mar 19 2004, 03:49 AM
Reaction Racing,

are all of the trails still out there and ridable around the canadian river outside of amarillo? i used to ride enduro's and poker runs when i was a kid out there. was absolutely one of my favorite riding spots.

i miss texas so bad.
They are still open. That is where I ride most of the time. It has great trails and is only 25 minutes from my house. It doesn't cost to get in either.

·
Premium Member
579 Posts
Originally posted by Travbert@Mar 24 2004, 12:55 PM
I'm in Amarillo, TX Love riding at Little Sahara also. I would like to go to Kermit I have heard it is pretty nice.Any one from around here ride in the Arena Cross that was held here march 6th. :rock
Welcome to YFZCentral! It's good to hear from someone else in Amarillo, TX! Give me a call at 806-433-2224. Maybe we can meet up and ride.
I don't race in the arenacross anymore after a bad accident in the one here last year.

·
Registered
225 Posts
I am from Bartlesville, OK. Love to go out to Little Sahara and ride. Went at Spring Break and cant wait to go out again. How big are the Kermit Dunes compared to Little Sahara?

1 - 20 of 47 Posts