YFZ Central banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I was wondering if you could help me out. Should I get a Yoshimura kit or a GYT-R kit for my YFZ?

·
Registered
773 Posts
Get a Thunder Alley "kit".

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
:what :what I think its exhaust... :what :what
Well what kinda riding do u do or plan on doing????

·
Registered
217 Posts
I plan on doing recreaction riding and jumping, HMF's are said to be loud, and i dont wanna lose all the skin on my leg from the heat.. But i want some good power, and he gytr exhaust kit has those little guards... Should i just buy HMF's and get riding pants like the THOR AC's?? someone help please!! thanks - Bill

·
Registered
264 Posts
Yoshi, you get the option of spark arrestor or not. The Yoshimura TEC kit gives you 2 different internal baffles that will regulate your db level. Best of all the headpipes bend is moved forward and gives extra clearance so you don't burn your leg. The only thing I like skin falling off is a Thanksgiving turkey.

·
Registered
151 Posts
the mags have got to be coming out w/ a pipe shoot out soon. i think i'll wait. i need something to improve low end torque. any suggestions?

·
Registered
834 Posts
If you go with a slip on, you can leave your headpipe with the guard. Also HMF has a quiet core available so you get versatility. Unless you have alot to spend on 1-2 more HP, go for a slip-on.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Yoshi accepts stock heat shield.

·
Premium Member
579 Posts
I installed the GYTR carbon fiber pipe with the GYTR headpipe. It greatly improved the entire powerband! :rock It is pretty loud but you can get a GYTR add on noise silencer that fits the pipe if it is too loud. The spark arrestor is also removable. It is a great looking, performing, and fitting system. It is also made by the same people that created this awesome quad!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts