YFZ Central banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After installing Tucker's swinger, here were some of the highlights. The swinger was well packaged, had all the hardware, and some things I didnt' end up using - ex. a tube of lithium grease. When I asked Shawn why it was included, he responded"just in case," the carrier was already installed and greased, so all I had to do was install the swinger.
The arm looked GREAT coming out of the box, the chrome finish was excellent - and let me relate that I work for Black & Decker's Kwikset division, and part of what I do is evaluate finishes on metal - when I say the finish was good, there is 14 years of finishing experience going into that statement.
Installation took me about an hour and a half, taking off the old swinger, disconnecting the brake caliper, installing the new swinger, and re-attaching the brake, bleeding the brakes. All I can really say about the installation was that there were no surprises, everything lined up the way it should, and the installation was a snap. The steel braided brake line that came with the kit was a nice addition as well - it's really nice buying a kit that comes with everything!
Two things I would say to be aware of is this: first, the brake line which is included is at it's max. stretch when the swinger is at max. extention, there is no line to spare, so make sure you measure it out correctly. Second, there is a flat metal plate in between the swinger pivot joints for rigidity. You need to ensure that by hand you rotate the rear spring so it does not com into contact with this support. It's easy to rotate and move, just be aware that it has to be done.
The pics I've included aren't the best, but they'll due until I can take some better ones. If you have any questions abotu the Tucker swinger, feel free to PM me.

Attachments

·
Registered
625 Posts
Glad to see you got the best swinger out there mate.

Looks sweet, like the rest of your bike.

Geoff.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
what length swing arm did you get?, and if you got an extended one let us know how the hole shots are when you get to test it out

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Aussie - Thanks!

Asher - the swinger is +2

Crash929 - I didn't actually weigh it, but I'm guessing approx. 2-3 lbs. heavier. The swinger I got was the Extreme version, so the wall thickness is .156 instead of the standard .120. Additionally, while it wasn't pictured, Tucker gave me the raptor GYTR skidplate, which is much bigger than the AC YFZ skidplate. Minimal lbs. gains for much additional strength.

·
Premium Member
1,214 Posts
Hey Nils,

We are going to have pretty similiar set ups by the time it's done :lol I too have the tucker swingarm, except mine is only 1.25 inches longer than stock. I will be putting mine on this weekend since I'm tired of it just sitting in my room collecting dust ( I also just bought the chain for it :re ) Are you going to be at the Sand dunes this Pres. Weekend? Maybe I'll see you there!!! :D

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Levi,

I will be heading out to Glamis tomorrow morning, and will be there for the next 5 days!! :rock I will keep an eye out for your bike, but if you see me, stop me and let's have a beer!!

Lookin' for ya!

Nils

·
Registered
519 Posts
Is this swingarm made just for Dune ridding or is it strong enough for MX racing? Anyone have any feedback yet?? Its a great looking swingarm .

·
Premium Member
1,214 Posts
My friend has one on his raptor, and he races Pro class MX. He had one on the bike for 3 years before it cracked, and when it did, Tucker gave him a new free. I will be racing MX with mine aswell so I'll let you know how I like it.

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
Very nice! Damn I can only wish my quad looked half as nice as both your quads(Nil and Levi). Very nice I like what you have done to them. I love your front bumper Merriman, I think I am getting that.

Do you have any regrets getting the Duncan for MX since it does not offer any Debris protection? That is the only reason I am hesitant on buying one today. I am thinking maybe I should get a mudscreen type bumper. Are you happy with your Duncan Merriman?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts