YFZ Central banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got off the phone today with Jeremy Tucker this morning - Tucker Pro arms, and have to relate what happened to me and my order which I placed about a month ago. I usually don't write stuff like this, but I am so impressed with both Jeremy, and Shawn from Pro Sport ATV, that I felt I had to.

I placed an order for one of their swingarms, +2, in chrome. They said it would be about 3 weeks. After the first week it dawned on my to confirm that the swingarm I would get had the mounts for my skid plate. Shawn related that the one I ordered didn't, but what he would do is get another arm started that day with the mounts that would be ready in about another week, and he would stock and then sell the arm that was originally scheduled for me. Great - customer service at it's best!

Another week goes buy and Shawn contacts me saying that they have found that the YFZ skid plate configuration isn't very stong, they have reports of breakage, and for other reasons that were beyond my technical understanding, they are offering their YFZ arms with a Raptor configured skid plate. Again, I'm not an expert, but what I did get out of our conversation is the raptor's skid plate configuration is stronger, gives you another 1"+ of clearance because the plate is much closer to the underside of the carrier, and after looking at it, is also a better looking skid plate in my opinion.

This is all fine and great, I first thought, but I've already bought a AC skidplate with the YFZ configuration, and yes if my swingarm came with the raptor style config., I'd have to buy another skidplate. Before I was even able to get worked up about this (which I was - trust me.), I received an unsolicited call from Jeremy. In our conversation, he explained in detail why he was doing what he was doing, and that Shawn had relayed my concerns about cost to him. He also told me that because I had already placed my order with the understanding that I would have skid plate mounts, that he would include a brand new GYT-R Raptor skidplate for FREE with my swingarm.

For those of you who have made a purchase like this, and had it go wrong on you, I don't have to tell you what music this was to my ears!! I absolutely cannot overstate how impressed I am with these guys and the level of customer service and responsiveness I've received from both Jeremy and Shawn. Their willingness to do what ever they have to in order to "make it right" with the customer is unbelievable!!

I will shortly be receiving the most complete swingarm kit on the market that I know of. As a side note - cost to chrome the arm, nothing! As another side note - cost to order the extreme version of their swingarm, using more material by increasing the arm thickness from .120 to .156 - nothing!

This is my disclaimer - if you read this and think Jeremy is going to include a free skidplate with every swingarm, you will be dissapponted - I'm sorry.

We all hear about the vendors out there who screw up, but not nearly enough about the guys taking care of business. These guys are taking care of business, and I want people to know about the outstanding job they're doing for me.

Nils

·
Registered
651 Posts
Hey Velocity111, I have been praising Tucker arms for a year now
I have had 3 tucker arms for the raptor, A +4 ,a +2 and a +1 1/4. I only paid once, just returned the old one after the new one was sent out. I will without a doubt be puttin one on the 450 when the time comes.
I have not dealt with Shawn as of yet,Always with Jeremy. He was always more concerned with customer satisfaction above all else and that is a trait which is becoming harder to find nowadays. All arms that have gone thru my possesion have been top notch. I also have yet to see anyone post a complaint on one which is also very rare.
Jeremy is not only a mfg, he is a friend to ATV'ers

1 - 3 of 3 Posts