YFZ Central banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my +4 Tucker Pro Arm today. Comes w/ everything you need to install/use it:

arm
Galfer braided steel brakeline
hardware
new clutch perch (didn't need it so he reduced the price)
parking brake cover (don't need that either, but got it anyway)
Loktite
anit-sieze
brake fluid

Assuming I have time tomorrow, I'll try to get it on. The only part not included were (2) little o-rings that sit on the outside of the carrier. I'm not sure if they're still needed although I would think they are. I have (2) new ones here so I'll use those. If they fit, I'll talk to Jeremie and see what he can do to include them in the package from now on.

He's done a hell of a job getting you all you need and the arm looks sweet. Mine's the same color as the a-arms, but he can do other colors too. I ordered the arm last week and got it today. Took a total of about 8 days from contact to having the arm in my arms. Nobody else could get me one that quick - not even close.

·
Registered
625 Posts
erik,
can you tell just by holding it how heavy it is?? I have been told the Tucker arms are very very heavy. I understand that it isnt a drag arm or anything but that is just what I have been told.
Isaac

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
sweet!! are you re-using your stock carrier or did you get the complete tucker setup?? ive heard nothing but good things about the tucker arms

i would think that most aftermarket swingarms are gonna be heavier than the light and fragile stock one

·
Registered
625 Posts
Erik,
could you please weigh it?
Why did you decide on +4 ( you"ll need 2 chains)

Easily the best looking swinger out there mate.

Geoff.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by edgerat@Dec 19 2003, 10:25 PM
erik,
can you tell just by holding it how heavy it is?? I have been told the Tucker arms are very very heavy.  I understand that it isnt a drag arm or anything but that is just what I have been told.
Isaac
There's 4lbs difference between the stock and +4 Tucker arm - obviously w/ the Tucker being heavier @ 17.5lbs.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by schwendi@Dec 19 2003, 11:29 PM
are you re-using your stock carrier or did you get the complete tucker setup??
Got the complete setup. It's taken me about an hour or so to do the swap and I'm not done yet. Bear in mind that I've taken breaks to start my kid's bike so he could ride up and down the street, etc. etc.

A 120-link chain will be plenty to cover any gearing combo you can come up w/. I still have my 15-tooth on the front and my new 40-tooth on the rear and there's probably (10) or so links to take out.

Jeremie's done a good job w/ these.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Hey Selector,

Glad to hear you like your arm and that the install was painless. We have worked very hard to make the customers experience a positive one. That is the whole idea behind our kits. Since you are using a new carrier, you should not need those o-rings. I will look into it to be sure.

I also wanted people to know that your arm weighed in at 17.5lbs with the bearings (pivot and carrier). Just to clarify. The arm itself should weigh in at about 8-11 lbs depending on length.

Happy Holidays!

Thanks,
Shawn
Pro Sport ATV

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Originally posted by T-man@Dec 20 2003, 02:44 PM
Glad to hear you like your arm and that the install was painless.  We have worked very hard to make the customers experience a positive one.  That is the whole idea behind our kits.  Since you are using a new carrier, you should not need those o-rings.  I will look into it to be sure.
Who are you T-man/Shawn? You know damn well I bought the arm direct from:

Tucker Suspension, Inc. (503) 465-9946

I'm not trying to be a dick, but something here stinks. I had absolutely nothing to do w/ you guys, but you come on here touting your service/customer experiences. I know you sell Tucker stuff, but you didn't sell me mine. Don't try to make it sound like you did.

Does Tucker Suspension = Pro Sport ATV?

·
Registered
625 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Sorry Erik,

I guess I did not communicate who I am. I apologize. Pro Sport ATV and Tucker Suspension Inc. has teamed up. Pro Sport ATV will be handling all of Tucker Suspensions sales and support as well as helping with R&D. This way Tucker Suspension can focus on the R&D of new and innovative products. I am aware that you purchased your arm through Tucker directly. That is great. Jeremy has asked me to jump in here and help clear up any questions about the Pro Arms.

Did not mean to offend anyone.

Thanks,
Shawn

·
Registered
212 Posts
HE makes good lookin arms but I dont trust him...I gave jeremy tucker all the stuff to fab up a swing arm and he jacked me around for months...then I got it home and it wouldnt even go on the bike...my buddies fit on the bike but the brake adjustment didnt work it hit the arm....the arm was trash no good you think he would have test fit it before he had it chromed...he even lied about that too but thats another story...

he also said he didnt know what bend to use on the arm so he used the raptor bend WTF if I gave him stuff ( frame arm axle carrier brakes etc.) why just guess at the bend...this guy is a jerk....

·
Registered
212 Posts
Originally posted by T-man@Dec 20 2003, 08:36 PM
Sorry Erik,

I guess I did not communicate who I am. I apologize. Pro Sport ATV and Tucker Suspension Inc. has teamed up. Pro Sport ATV will be handling all of Tucker Suspensions sales and support as well as helping with R&D. This way Tucker Suspension can focus on the R&D of new and innovative products. I am aware that you purchased your arm through Tucker directly. That is great. Jeremy has asked me to jump in here and help clear up any questions about the Pro Arms.

Did not mean to offend anyone.

Thanks,
Shawn
thats funny IS pro sport ATV also MOD QUAD?? mod quad sell tuckers stuff too in fact I saw jermey at mod quads booth dune fest??

·
Registered
100 Posts
Hey wood4you,

No, this is not Mod Quad. They do sell the Tucker Arms though.

Hey I asked Jeremy about your swingarms today and he explained to me what happened. He does take full responsibility for that situation.

He mentioned that he was reluctant to take on the job but wanted to help you and your friend out. He says unfortunately it did not turn out as he had hoped, but it was a learning experience. He did tell me that he refunded all your money and apologized for not being able to help you.

I understand that your business dealings with Jeremy was not positive, but to say that he is a poor business man and a lier is a tough one to swallow. If you got to know him, you would realize that he is a stand up guy. If you read in any of the forums, him and his products are talked very highly about.

The bottom line is Jeremy steps up here and admits that he was unable to help you at that time. He apologizes for your inconvenience.

Every business out there has these types of situations that they hopefully learn from. This was a learning experience for Tucker Suspension.

Shawn

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi Stacy (wood4you)

I want to start off by letting you know I’m extremely sorry for the way you feel. I personally remember the whole experience very well. It all started off in March 2002 almost 2-years ago with an email and progressed into the build of two 88 TRX250R arms. At that current time I was building arms for only the Banshee and the Raptor and running a full service shop for ATV’s, and sandrails. We discussed what I would need to build the arms and you brought down a section of frame and a swingarm with axle. Once you dropped of the components I started building the jig and sent the arm off to my machinist at the time so he could start on the pivot tubes. Once the pivot tubes where ready (5 weeks later), I started building the arm. Once I had the arm jigged up and tacked together, I installed it on to the section of frame you gave me. Everything looked good…the major problem was I didn’t have an engine to check the clearance between the pivot tube and back of the engine case. The second problem we ran into was the brake plate would make contact with the outside tube if the carrier was at its furthest adjustment forward. The corrections that needed to be made are as follows. Pivot tube needed to be 1.500” in diameter instead of 1-5/8 and the tube needed 2.50 more degrees on the bend. From that point I finished welding the arm together and sent it off to chrome. This took over 9-weeks before I received it back. I’m sure you guys have experienced this hassle with a chrome shop at one time in your life. I want to assure you that since then, I’ve done extensive research on Chroming facilities and machinist’s. I’m confident when I say I have one of the best teams on the West Coast. Thank you for the experience and valuable lesson. Since then I will only do the R&D and bring the new arm into development if I have a complete bike that I can do the research off of. This eliminates any surprises and gives my team and me the opportunity to run the product thoroughly and change any setup that I’m not fully satisfied with. In March it will be 2-years since our experience, Hopefully you will give me the opportunity to show how valuable you are and give you the product and customer service you deserve. Thank you so much for the priceless experience.

Regards,
Jeremy Tucker

·
Registered
212 Posts
believe me I love the look of your arms...but I would you blame me if I waited a bit or was hesitant??.... I remember you also told me that you would keep working on the project 88 250r and would send me one for testing?? well we know what happened there....

Well it would take a heck of a deal for me to try try your swing arms again....

any way best of luck to you..... :rock

1 - 16 of 16 Posts