YFZ Central banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After the first ride on my new Tucker +2 swinger, I knew something wasn't right, but didn't know what. The arm was working, but the bike leaned to the right a little - or was it just my imagination?? Well, a total of 8 days of riding about an honest 6-8 hours every day, Shawn from Pro Sprot ATV emailed me to see how things were working out (very nice of him I thought....) and I relayed my thoughts. That's when it happened....he asked if i had used the collars from the stock swing arm in my new one.....why no, the arm didn't come with directions, so I just used common sense and the process of deduction.

Result - broken slabilizer plate and bent swinger.

Action - Without even me asking, Shawn told me to send it back for a new one - no questions asked!! People, I'm a Purchasing/Sourcing guy for Black & Decker, I deal in customer service for a living - I wish all my vendors had the understanding of customer service the way that Shawn and Jeremy from Tucker does! They truely stand behind their product.

As a side note: I treated that swinger like it owed me money, the fact that it was still in working condition after being assembled without the collars and the abuse I put it through is also a testiment to the strength of their swinger - I'll be using them till I'm done riding!

·
Registered
5,140 Posts
Yes, they have AMAZING customer service! He emailed me as well making sure I installed them, which I had figured out since it was very lose. You didnt notice that it just moved around a lot since it didnt have the collars to take up the lack of space on the bearings?

Anyways, I will be sure to tell people to do this in the review. Glad you got it all worked out!

Shawn = A++++++

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
:uhoh glad you noticed it

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
Dang Nils, well glad it looks like it gonna work out well for you though.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Guys, I'll be honest, after I put in on w/out the collars, I tightened the pivot bolt enough that it actually bent the sides of the swinger inward. Because of this, there was no slop when first installed and cycled through the travel range. Only after I was in the sand did I notice anything. If this means I'm a dumba*s, well...I couldn't agree more, but there was no obvious slop at the beginning......and yes, I feel like a dumba*s!

·
Registered
625 Posts
Nevermind you dumba*s. :lol
I bet I have done worse Nills.
But I'm not telling mate.

Good story and about time I got one of those swingers.
You'll be an expert on the installation now so you can help me.

Geoff.

·
Registered
983 Posts
Wow, even after such gross stupidity which borderlines on the criminal they still take it back and send you a new one? Dayum. i am impressed.

J/K about the stupidity. i am sure we all have done something like that.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts