1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
9,372 Posts
i have only heard a few things about them but i heard they were also great quality....... and even if it dies break, theres a 5 year warranty :rock

·
Registered
625 Posts
That is a great looking swinger and warranty.
Does anyone know how heavy the other brands are?

Geoff.

·
Registered
625 Posts
G'day Boss,

mate you swung that deal quickly, of course I'm not jelous.
It is easily the best looking one out there.
It looks so minimal and light.
So tease when do we get member prices?
What needs changing to accomodate it?

Geoff.

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
If you look at alot of other quads or ones i see, thier swingarms are just like that with basic tubeing. if you say it won't, then it prolly won't because you have been racing and im just going in my first year.

·
Registered
503 Posts
sad part is with the tucker ones you would have to order a custom if you want to go for MX style setup. They only make the ones in extended arm versions that aren't ideal for racing unless your drag racing. extended versions seriously hurt the turning radius of a mxer. I don't know that it's such a great design for the abuse of racing either. the RPM and LSR one's aren't that thin.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
YFZCentral - sweet looking arm, I'm leaning heavily towards on eof those - even though everything else I have is LSR. Do you know if the Tucker arm has bolt holes for a skid plate? If you don't mind me aksing - how much did you pay for it?

·
Registered
100 Posts
Hey guys,

Just wanted to answer a couple of the questions here.

CTYfzrider, the Pro Arms are awesome for MX'ing. In fact there are quite a few out there being used and abused in MX racing today. These arms are tough and very durable.

wildtxn, I think that you were misinformed. The sizes available for the YFZ are -2, -1, Stock, +1.25, +2, +3, +4. And yes these arms are designed to take the abuse from the basic rider to the extreme racer. In this post I tried to explain why our arms are so tough. In that post I refer people to offroad.com where Dean Waters of Project Raptor, has been desert racing his Raptor for the past year now and have had no problems. In fact he won the Vegas to Reno 500 with a Pro Arm. Desert Racing is very hard on bikes and their components.

velocity111, we are in the process of adding the skid plate mounts. We should have them available in January. Please let me know if you need it sooner.

I also wanted to let you know that we also offer an Extreme Pro Arm that uses a .156 wall chromoly tubing (1.5"). These arms are for the extreme racers and are virtually indestructable.

Watch for the review on this site, hopefully in January. We are sending the Admin an arm next week for review. :rock

Hey Happy Holidays!

Thanks,
Shawn
Pro Sport ATV

·
Registered
773 Posts
Originally posted by YFZCentral@Dec 20 2003, 07:56 PM
Dont worry, Ill be putting that arm through hell!
Right.

Why'd ya delete my post? Hmmm?

·
Registered
773 Posts
Originally posted by YFZCentral@Dec 20 2003, 08:11 PM
huh? :what :wtf
You know exactly what I'm talking about.

·
Registered
212 Posts
I have had experience with tucker or rather jeremy.... I wanted a swing arm for a 88 250r...he said he didnt have those or a jig for them but if I brought FRAME SWING ARM AXL BRAKE ETC ETC basicly every thing you need to fab a swing arm he could do it.....

Well it took close to 4- 5 months for him to build two swing arms the fit was terrible, he admitted he didnt know what bend to use on the main tube so he just used a raptor bend, nothing fit one of them fit on the bike the other I couldnt even get the swing arm bolt through.....I really feel like I got jerked around by this guy he lied so many times ....IF I gave up all the stuff I need to measure why would you just guess and use tubes for a raptor? or even mount the stock brakes I had loaned for the job...

very poor buisness man I am sure if he lied about the two arms I wanted he is surly not telling the truth about these arms :sucks :angry

·
Registered
100 Posts
Hey wood4you,

Hey I asked Jeremy about your swingarms today and he explained to me what happened. He does take full responsibility for that situation.

He mentioned that he was reluctant to take on the job but wanted to help you and your friend out. He says unfortunately it did not turn out as he had hoped, but it was a learning experience. He did tell me that he refunded all your money and apologized for not being able to help you.

I understand that your business dealings with Jeremy was not positive, but to say that he is a poor business man and a lier is a tough one to swallow. If you got to know him, you would realize that he is a stand up guy. If you read in any of the forums, him and his products are talked very highly about.

The bottom line is Jeremy steps up here and admits that he was unable to help you at that time. He apologizes for your inconvenience.

Every business out there has these types of situations that they hopefully learn from. This was a learning experience for Tucker Suspension.

I know the quality of his arms from personal experience. Not only have I been abusing my Raptor arm for going on 2 years, but I have also ran his arms on the YFZ and Z400. I have also installed each of his arms and they fit perfectly.

One thing that I will tell you is that the reason I got involved with Tucker Suspension is because Jeremy's business beliefs and goals are the same as mine. To provide the best product, the best customer service at the best price. We are meeting these goals today.

Shawn

1 - 20 of 27 Posts