YFZ Central banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have a 2007 (or atleast thats what i was told)bought used) everyting is in pretty good condition. It currently has an old style DG pipe on it but whoever owned it previously took off all those spark arresstor rings like you see on the ct racing pipes. My dad has a 2009 yfz 450r with a fuel controller and dasa pipe and they sound about the same. We have adjusted the valves and the cam mod was done when we got it. I have a UNI filter on it now. We have a feeling their might be a 12:1 piston in it because it seems to have a little more power than my dads. My question is how can I really open this baby up without compromising reliability. Ive been kicking around the idea of an FCI intake kit with head porting and a 12:1 piston if there isnt already one in there. would I also need to get the carb bored or anyting obvious that im missing?? what kind of power gains could I expect? I mostly ride trails but I ride it like a race quad. I have ridden two strokes for awhile so Id like to get my YFZ to hit a little harder and im not really concerned about losing allittle on the bottom since im usually in the powerband. ANY HELP AT ALL is appreciated and btw I was leaning towards MMAD for porting if I decide to get it done because everyone on this site seems to speak highly of them. :what

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Go with MMAD for sure if you do porting he can also hook you up with cams that will work well. You might want to get a better pipe DASA, JSR, Rossier, Monster, are all great pipes & for sure get a FCI intake they are the best intake by far. I prefer to stay away from BB kits I want reliable. But talk to MMAD he can lyk what is the best way to go and if you need to bore your carb. Hope this helps GL.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Yeah go with an FCI im ordering one next week for spring :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
I bought my 06 with some pretty extreme mods on it.
NMotion BB
FCI intake
43mm taper bore carb
extensive porting
white brothers exhaust

I wanted to run pump gas so I changed the piston to a venom 12.25:1 and did the cam mod while I was in there.
The exhaust blew apart after wrapping the header so I put a Jardine RT-99.
This has much more power than my buddies 06 with a pipe, jet and k&n.
I haven't dyno'd it but guessing around 55HP.
I'm always reachin for 6th.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts