YFZ Central banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There big and ugly but should rip up the snow nicely here in NJ.
22" Maxxis 4Snow tires out back ( more like 24" @5.5psi )
23" Maxxis Razr II tires up front ( almost 24" @5.5psi)

Trying them on to check clearence, they fit fine.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Since this is my first year w/ a quad, I'm wondering how they really do in the snow. Hmmm...

·
Registered
773 Posts
BTW: You're all GYT-Rd out ain't cha...

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
From testing various tires last winter I found tall and skinny work best for up to a foot or so of powdery snow. This setup should get me around for those condition. Any thing over a 12" of snow was tough on a sport quad.
Yes I am GYT-Rd out. They need to make more parts so I can buy something :D .

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
dayum....ur right...they are big and ugly but if they work they are fine. Where in NJ are u...im in Ocean County( down south) Waretown to be exact but can u tell me where u got ur YFZ and how much u paid if u don't mind me asking because i am looking around for a good price in NJ

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
I heard the 4-snows are directional depending on the type of conditions..correct?

From the research I've done that appears to be the smallest diameter for the 4-snows also.. and the grow in diameter when spinning..

how do you like the GYTR queit core in the exhaust?

·
Registered
165 Posts
Big and ugly, but they should rip through the snow good!

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm inShort Hills, NJ
The 4Snows are directional, if you look close at the pix you'll
see one is mounted in the wrong direction. I'm fixing that today. They do grow taller and skinnyer when spinning. I got my 450 at East Hanover Honda/Yamaha on Rt10 West & paid $6800. out the door. Rock On!

·
Registered
773 Posts
Are quads fun in the snow? Is there enough traction to turn/stop?

·
Registered
631 Posts
quads are a blast in the snow. we used to hook a rubber inner tube behind ours & go sledin. its just about like going tubin behind a boat. hurts a little more when you crash though.

andy

·
Registered
773 Posts
Originally posted by wildman77@Nov 12 2003, 10:39 AM
quads are a blast in the snow. we used to hook a rubber inner tube behind ours & go sledin. its just about like going tubin behind a boat. hurts a little more when you crash though.

andy
Could I just use my sand paddles or do i need yet another set of rubber?

·
Registered
631 Posts
i've never used sad paddles so i really couldn't tell you. i don't know why the wouldn't though.

andy

·
Registered
180 Posts
Great tires, I'll probably do the same set up. How do you like the pep easy pull clutch linkage? What does it do?

·
Registered
836 Posts
Hey now! Where did you get that bitchin LED tail-light?

·
Registered
921 Posts
snow tires suck, ull never be able to go that fast, u need to get turftamers an then stud the shi t out of them, an ull flyyyyyyyyyy trust me been riding on ice for 16years..... :rock :yfz

·
Registered
773 Posts
Originally posted by yfzthumpa@Nov 13 2003, 07:12 AM
snow tires suck, ull never be able to go that fast, u need to get turftamers an then stud the shi t out of them, an ull flyyyyyyyyyy trust me been riding on ice for 16years..... :rock  :yfz
Will that still work in 6" of fresh snow?

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
That won’t work in fresh snow.

Here’s the add for the led brake light (mine is red): -I had to drill out the mounting holes to have it fit the AC grab bar mounting bracket, not a big deal
just use a step bit and drill.
THIS IS A NEW REPLACEMENT 6 LED TAILIGHT AND BRAKELIGHT FOR THE NEW YAMAHA YFZ 450, EVEN INCLUDES WIRE STRIPPERS, HEAT SHRINK TUBING, ALL FOR AN EASY INSTALLATION. MANUFACTURED IN THE U.S.A. THESE CONSUME LESS POWER THAN STOCK. THEY WITHSTAND VIBRATION ALOT BETTER THAN A STANDARD BULB. THIS IS A SHOW POLISHED, CNC MACHINED PART!!!!! INCLUDES MOUNTING INSTRUCTIONS. SIMPLY WIRES INTO FACTORY HARNESS. OTHER COLORS AVAILABLE - YELLOW, BLUE, GREEN, RED.....JUST SPECIFY YOUR CHOICE. YES YOU READ IT RIGHT IT IS A FUNCTIONAL BRAKE AND RUNNING LIGHT.......DUAL BRIGHTNESS
There email address: [email protected]
There eBay id is: 1metaltek

If you goto eBay and choose "Search by seller" then enter 1metaltek
This will take you to his current auctions for the ed brake lights, I have a tendency to give allot of detail. :D

The PEP clutch linkage gives a more even and shorter pull to the clutch lever, it's a little billet aluminum cam shape piece that replaces the stamped metal
Stock piece. It's worth getting.

BTW: For 80 to 90 bucks get the 4Snow that can take the beating on hard sufaces and save the good paddles for sand.
The only true paddles I would run in snow (beacuse I end up on the street allot) are the following:
Skat-Track Terrain Trak-rears
GBC Paddle Master -rears

They can take the beating of hard surfaces without comming apart.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts