YFZ Central banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
a few fellow riders and myself are in the process of finally realizing a dream.. building a national level motorsports park in Northern New York! we are located just outside of Gouverneur NY on the Barker Rd in Antwerp. we are building an MX, XC, sand and dirt drag tracks on the property. we have 600 acres to utilize and are using around 200 total with all the tracks and parking included currently. everyone go like our facebook page for updates, plans to have sand drag and MX completed by next weekend ready to ride and race.

we are not sparing any expense with an MX layout similar to Unadilla in build and fluidity (this is no joke) with around 1.25 mile course that you will be hardpressed to find a rock anywhere on the course. the track is a natural terrain track placed around a large valley on the property.

XC track should be around 9 miles start to finish once completed as well with a fun fluid layout that can challenge even the best racers. the layout will be changed with every race to keep challenging all the riders that attend.

drag tracks consist of a 300' pure mix of beachsand and clay similar to what PSDA and others strive to have for a surface at their events. the other drag track is a clay into grass setup for summer snowmobile drag series (500') that can be altered to run quads if we get the support for the idea.

again, follow us on facebook.. we are Tru North Motorsports Park. a park built by the racers, for the racers. come race with us today and help write our history for tomorrow

Reactions: BWCUSTOMFLOORING

·
Registered
85 Posts
Awesome to hear! Although I live down South and will probably never see the place it is awesome to hear of one opening up instead of closing down. I have a sister that lives up in New Hampshire and from what I gather there is not a lot of riding anywhere up in the New England areas. I do go to Unadilla for the GNCC and have to say the soil and the terrain there is as good as anywhere in the country and if you're place is similar it should be a great place to ride. Good for you and everyone involved for taking the risk and offering folks a place to ride. I wish you all the very best and hope it is a success.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
we will open the tracks for "open practice sessions" on weekends that we do not hold events on one of the tracks, or one weekend a month roughly. thank you for the support as we are still trying to get our name out there and expand our riding base

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.