YFZ Central banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here you go. Order yours now and be the fastest on the block. It went from 40.5hp to 51hp with lid removed, jetting, and pipe only.

Attachments

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I saw that too. I will find out if the computer is off on the date. I have seen dyno sheets from other companies that have come from the future.

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
I have been talking with trinithy alot cause I have a Trinity on my wifes Z400 and I really like it. That dyno is from the test pipe not the production unit. Now get this they expect more power from the production unit cause the test pipe has alot of welds and cuts due to the testing procedure. And the production pipe should be smoother and an overall better performer.

I made a post about this a few weeks ago saying the HP gains with this pipe and nobody thought much about it but now here ya go.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Trinity's dyno reads numbers that are MUCH higher than the other numbers you see. They make good pipes but dont believe the numbers.
Isaac

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
Ok well even if the numbers are wrong the difference from baseline to new HP cannot be fudged up. Maybe they start at a higher baseline and then end up with a higher total?

Either way they are good gains and I do believe they are the highest gains out there.

But I dunno...

·
Registered
625 Posts
Trinity is operating off of the old dyno DOS software. Which exponentially raises the HP numbers. This starts at baseline.
Isaac

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Originally posted by edgerat@Sep 13 2003, 10:39 AM
Trinity is operating off of the old dyno DOS software. Which exponentially raises the HP numbers. This starts at baseline.
Isaac
Ive heard this too. I trust Trinity racing about as far as I can throw em

also their pipe quality is garbage, has anyone ever seen one after a years worth of riding?? not a pretty site 8|

remember guys ... all the manuafacturers (except MBRP) use a free flowing pipe surrounded by packing usually with a larger diameter. the differences between the pipes and there gains are going to be minimal.

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
Originally posted by schwendi@Sep 13 2003, 02:50 PM

remember guys ... all the manuafacturers (except MBRP) use a free flowing pipe surrounded by packing usually with a larger diameter. the differences between the pipes and there gains are going to be minimal.
[/quote]
:lol So Cobra and DG are just as good as Sparks, HMF.

I am glad you told me that I will just buy the el cheapo then.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Originally posted by Pahrump@Sep 13 2003, 03:01 PM

:lol So Cobra and DG are just as good as Sparks, HMF.

I am glad you told me that I will just buy the el cheapo then.

Thanks
[/quote]
:lol ok edit: top manufacturers ... like sparks, HMF, yoshi, and others :)

get whatever you like ... its just a pipe :)

·
Registered
194 Posts
schwendi is right, for the most part, the most you can do to a 4 stroke exhuast is to get it freeflowing. That really isnt to hard. Bigger pipe, smoother bends, it isnt brain surgery!!!

The real trick in building exhausts is with the 2 stroke pipes!

If you wantd to take the time, you could mode the stock silencer to flow as much as any aftermarket silencer will. Im talking about at the front of the silencer, where the head pipe enters, if you have ever looked, there is a baffle on that end as well, a little cutting and welding, and that could be fixed right up.

It would still be a heavy steel can, but it would have the same performance gains, as any slip on will.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I consider 2 things when buying 4 stroke pipes. Power gain vs db and durability.

The trick to a good 4 stroke muffler in my opinion is getting them to flow well and still having them quiet. I have heard of companies having dual mufflers and while some of you racers don't want the added weight, some of us are fighting sound checks in our riding areas.

Anyone know who is making these dual systems? I have seem them at Winchester Bay before.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Josh at Trinity had this printed and waiting for me and said it was the production pipe. Are you forgetting about bends and tapers on the pipe? They do make a difference.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I also forgot to mention that the Trinity pipe is compatible with the kick starter. Most of the others are not.

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
Originally posted by WP@Sep 16 2003, 08:42 PM
I also forgot to mention that the Trinity pipe is compatible with the kick starter. Most of the others are not.
I was told that also but Cory Ellis does not have the Trinity pipe and he has the kicker on his?

·
Registered
106 Posts
cory had the stock headpipe with gyrt slip on.. thats why!

·
Registered
126 Posts
Originally posted by trueblue450@Sep 17 2003, 03:25 PM
cory had the stock headpipe with gyrt slip on.. thats why!
Kory has the GYT-R head pipe as well. GYT-R is making the kick start kit, so IM pretty sure they are going to make it work with their full system.

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
Well I was sure that the Yamaha pipes would work since they are also making the kicker but I did hear from a few folks at the dealership that alot of the other pipes will not work with the kicker. Now I find it kinda hard to believe myself that Curtis Sparks is going to build a pipe for a race quad that would not work if the bike was set up in full race trim :nono as well as the other manufacturers but who know????

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Trinity and GYTR are the only ones that fit with the kick starter. The others forgot fine details. Kory does have the full system.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts