YFZ Central banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 86 tri-z with a brand new motor in it and I can't seem to get it to run right. it runs awesome untill you hold the throttle 3/4 to wide open for a long period of time. Being on a hill seems to affect it as well. I have taken it in to have it dyno'd and rejetted a few times and it doesn't help. I'm thinking it could be electrical. Any one have any kind of clue? I'm at a loss and I want to sell it so I can get lots of goodies for my YFZ. It hauls ass until it dies. I thought it was fuel for the longest time, but I am starting to think it's not fuel. Do any of you know of a site that might have someone to help? I just really wanna fix this thing. I always bring it out to shoot the hill with at night, and it never runs.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Wow... I remember those when they were BRAND NEW out of the Show Room Floor!... Have you had the Fuel System checked out. Check the petcock, to the Carb Float level. A incorrect float level might be starving the motor at WOT and at odd angles. Just my $000000.02 worth of Internet Trouble Shooting/Tuning Guide. ;)

Also, Check out
3 Wheeler.Org

YEAH BABY, OLD SKOOL! :rock

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, it is fast as hell. I beat 85 and 86 honda 250r's all teh time. The piston broke away from the crank two years ago and I had the motor ported, polished, and I had a 310 kit put in it. I can barely keep the front wheel down now. Everyone else seems to think it is a stator/magneto problem because the lights go dim just before it dies. I don't know. I still think I need a whole new carb. Any other suggestions.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
May want to give RICKY Stator a call, see if he can rewind your stator. He does ours. :rock
RICKY STATOR

1 - 6 of 6 Posts