YFZ Central banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was curious what the actual traction/performance difference is between straight paddles and the paddles shaped in the "V" pattern?

Or is there one?

All of my friends use the straight paddles, but they don't have an answer for me because the straight ones are all they've ever used, so they can't compair.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Took me about 5 min. to hit the reply button, and my eyes are still bouncing.

I have ridden both and what I have noticed (on Raptor, not YFZ yet) is the V paddles turn really well and have good bite up the hills. The straight have tons of traction going stright almost to much for the raptor. The last set of extreme 9 paddle I ran would lift me 2-3 times up steep hills, I would need to back off the throttle to get the front back down. Where the strait paddles really suck for me is turning at high speed, especially on the flats.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Took me about 5 min. to hit the reply button, and my eyes are still bouncing.
Hehe, I removed it, I don't want to offend anyone. 8)

Thanks for the info on the paddles. I'll be riding a lot in LS(UT) and I just want to get an idea about the differences. Its still going to be a while before I buy my YFZ but I'm making a list of things I want to buy for it.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Please offend :lol

IF they don't like they don't have to look. :mrgreen:

any way, I will be testing about 4-5 different sets including extreme 9, taller hauler 8, geckos, new ITPs, and sliders. That is what we have now. I have to weight until it cools a little. I will let you know my opinions once I do. :twisted:

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sweet, thanks buddy. And I'll think about putting that profile pic back up...or maybe another one. :twisted:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts