YFZ Central banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
alright I have another question for all the mechanics out there. I recently replaced my thumb throttle with a motion pro twist throttle, motion pro told me to cut the wires coming from the stock throttle and connect them together and thats it. Well as I posted in an earlier post I went riding this weekend end and it feels like the bike is flatening out on the top end so I have been trying to figure out whats up, I have narrowed it down to two things (1) clogged air filter/too much oil (2) tps problem.

I went to the yamaha web site and it says that the tps system helps ajust the fuel air mixture by detecting what your throttle position is........... well my tps system is no longer hooked up so is this having any adverse affecte???

Can anyone explain in more detail what the tps system does and explain to me what I did by bypassing the system????

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
The wires going to the thumb throttle go to the micro switch for the TORS. The TPS wiring is in the carb. It should still be funtioning the same way I believe.

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
The modification for the motion pro is to cut the TORS wires that run into the stock thumber and splice them together... thats it..

If you started modifying the TPS wires on the carb, you've made an error and need to reconnect whatever you've altered.

make sense?

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
Originally posted by FAST1@Nov 9 2003, 08:04 PM
The modification for the motion pro is to cut the TORS wires that run into the stock thumber and splice them together... thats it..

If you started modifying the TPS wires on the carb, you've made an error and need to reconnect whatever you've altered.

make sense?
Correct, if all you did was cut the wires going into the thumber clos the bars and spliced them together then you are ok, and you just have too much oil on your filter. In your other post you said that by taking the lid off it ran better, that proves that you have a rich condition, and caused by the filter since you did not change any jetting.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts