YFZ Central banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I took off my thumb throttle to put on my twist I disconnected the TORS at the thumb throttle and not at the plug conector on the wiring harness, it runs fine but if I disconnect it at the plug connection it doesnt run. My question is this can I leave it disconnected only at the thumb throttlle and run it like that? or do I cut the two wires and solder them together? Is there any harm in leaving it disconnected at the thumb throttle only.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
:sup
Hello and Welcome to the Forum!
Read the Link below, that'll get you on the right track
Amergin has a great answer to your questions :rock
Click--> TORS Setup

·
Registered
827 Posts
another TORS question.

so if you disengage the TORS, do you get a little more speed out of your bike?

i often find myelf wishing i had a 6th gear.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
another TORS question.

Yep you sure do... If you do the TORS MOD :blah the YFZ will be almost as fast as Ozzy's Banshee. Just with the TORS MOD alone it becomes a race YFZ capable of 145 MPH in first gear. :lol Add the CAM MOD and 2nd gear and Ozzy doesn't stand a chance. ;)

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Originally posted by Amergin@Feb 23 2004, 12:48 PM
another TORS question.

Yep you sure do... If you dot he TORS MOD :blah the YFZ will be almost as fast as Ozzy's Banshee. Just with the TORS MOD alone it becomes a race YFZ capable of 145 MPH in first gear. :lol Add the CAM MOD and 2nd gear and Ozzy doesn't stand a chance. ;)
:uhoh :uhoh :lol

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
Originally posted by Mustache Ride@Feb 23 2004, 12:40 PM

No.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Originally posted by Pahrump+Feb 23 2004, 01:49 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Pahrump @ Feb 23 2004, 01:49 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Mustache Ride@Feb 23 2004, 12:40 PM

No. [/b][/quote]
Hey I was trying to start a self perpetuating myth here...

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
Originally posted by Amergin+Feb 23 2004, 02:17 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Amergin @ Feb 23 2004, 02:17 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 23 2004, 01:49 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--Mustache Ride
@Feb 23 2004, 12:40 PM

No.
Hey I was trying to start a self perpetuating myth here... [/b][/quote]
Oh my bad, sorry.

Yeah removing the TORS adds a 6th gear and abou 5-8 Hp throughout the powerband.

Disregard the above post made by me. :D

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
See, if Pahrump says it gives you sixth gear then it must be true. :lol This rumor is all Pahrump's fault, I had nothing to do with it. 8|

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
Originally posted by Amergin@Feb 23 2004, 03:16 PM
See, if Pahrump says it gives you sixth gear then it must be true. :lol This rumor is all Pahrump's fault, I had nothing to do with it. 8|
I can handle the load I got big shoulders :lol

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Hold on, before this topic goes any further.... Let me get my Boots On.... :lol

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Originally posted by Bansheebob@Feb 23 2004, 03:54 PM
shhhhh, it's working.... I had Lanky believing that elusive sixth gear existed. :lol Next I'm going to spread the rumor that the world is round.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Originally posted by Amergin+Feb 23 2004, 10:38 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Amergin @ Feb 23 2004, 10:38 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Bansheebob@Feb 23 2004, 03:54 PM
shhhhh, it's working.... I had Lanky believing that elusive sixth gear existed. :lol Next I'm going to spread the rumor that the word is round. [/b][/quote]
What WORD would that be? :lol

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Originally posted by Toad80t+Feb 24 2004, 02:37 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Toad80t @ Feb 24 2004, 02:37 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 23 2004, 10:38 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--Bansheebob
@Feb 23 2004, 03:54 PM

shhhhh, it's working.... I had Lanky believing that elusive sixth gear existed. :lol Next I'm going to spread the rumor that the word is round.
What WORD would that be? :lol [/b][/quote]
i was thinkin ROUND :what

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Originally posted by Toad80t+Feb 24 2004, 02:37 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Toad80t @ Feb 24 2004, 02:37 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 23 2004, 10:38 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--Bansheebob
@Feb 23 2004, 03:54 PM

shhhhh, it's working.... I had Lanky believing that elusive sixth gear existed. :lol Next I'm going to spread the rumor that the world is round.
What WORD would that be? :lol [/b][/quote]
I don't get it? :uhoh

:blah

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
Originally posted by Mustache Ride@Feb 24 2004, 03:38 PM
god i wish i was a mod so i can lock threads when they get retarded and offtopic like this.
Why, its fun.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
It's Not Off-Topic... it a Commercial Break from your friendly Mods. :lol :lol
Now back to our live show "WE ~B~ T.O.R.S. and Stuff" without further commercial interruption.

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
Bob I don't care what they say about you; you are cool.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts