YFZ Central banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok im in the market to buy a cam or cams which ever would make it run . I have heard of ppl using the YZ450 Dirtbike cam ? Has there been any side effects from doing this? Was there a noticeable difference in power? Let me know ur thoughts. Im getting my yfz ready for opening AMA so i want it to run with the big dogs,ill prolly get a port job too. But let me know any info on cam replacements. I know about the cam mod but i have talked with several professional builders and its not suggested. Ok thanks alot

·
Registered
194 Posts
Any professional builder that says the cam-mod is "not suggested" is not a very good builder. The YFZ an YZ cams are the SAME EXACT grind!!!!!! The only difference is the position of the the timing gear, and decompression pin.

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
Originally posted by NHYFZ450@Nov 12 2003, 08:50 PM
Any professional builder that says the cam-mod is "not suggested" is not a very good builder. The YFZ an YZ cams are the SAME EXACT grind!!!!!! The only difference is the position of the the timing gear, and decompression pin.
How does the decompression pin function in the YFZ engine and what happens when it moves after doing the cam mod with the stock YFZ cam in comparison to the YZ cam?

·
Registered
319 Posts
I wouldnt think it would make a difference, it will still actuate at the same time on the cam, just later in the cycle. Mine starts fine now that i am running a 48 pilot, I think the yz dirtbike cam is a waste of money, and some people say it feels the same as retarding the cam, and starts harder.

·
Registered
149 Posts
some say the cam mod and the yz cam are the same..some say the yz cam gives more power...but hey man, if i were you i would just do the cam mod..its free, and probably the same thing as puttin in the YZcam

1 - 7 of 7 Posts