YFZ Central banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey i have a toomey slipon pipe and was wondering if anyone else was running one. I have had nothing but problems with this pipe, like it wont stay tite were it ataches to the head pipe, the rubber in the mount bracket came out, wont stay packed, and the emblem came off. I have an 08 yfz and bought it brand new and put on the pipe a month after igot it. I emedetly had a problem and called toomey and they said my quad had a problem and told me to pack sand. Just wondering if anyone else had this problem.

·
Registered
550 Posts
QUOTE (tommyB'S450 @ Feb 16 2009, 06:51 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=747230
hey i have a toomey slipon pipe and was wondering if anyone else was running one. I have had nothing but problems with this pipe, like it wont stay tite were it ataches to the head pipe, the rubber in the mount bracket came out, wont stay packed, and the emblem came off. I have an 08 yfz and bought it brand new and put on the pipe a month after igot it. I emedetly had a problem and called toomey and they said my quad had a problem and told me to pack sand. Just wondering if anyone else had this problem.[/b]
i would love for them 2 show me how mounting brackets and packing problems are caused by A BRAND NEW BIKE......
i think they where just kicking u to the curb dude!
y did u go toomey in the 1st place?

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
the olny thing i can help you with is put another nut on the head studs so there are 2 on each stud. that should take care of that problem. other than that i think they kicked you to the curb too!

·
Registered
837 Posts
i had a toomey and it was a badass i loved the pipe! is it worth the 400 they ask? no proabably not for a slip on but i really liked my toomey maybe you just got a bad one. fix the problems yourself and move on in life. something are best just fixing yourself. maybe make it better. i have a ron woods pipe and if you know anything about them the muffler mounting bracket sucks balls, redid it and now its perfect. maybe you should do the same. ya its bull w00ter that you have to but eh its life

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
QUOTE (cubanaso @ Feb 17 2009, 06:06 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=747362
i would love for them 2 show me how mounting brackets and packing problems are caused by A BRAND NEW BIKE......
i think they where just kicking u to the curb dude!
y did u go toomey in the 1st place?[/b]
thats what i said but my cousin had t6's on his banshee and loved them i think i got a lemon and they dindt want to replace it. IM probably going to go venom in a few months tho.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts