YFZ Central banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
man is running a quarter mile oval a blast on a yfz!!! i studded up my stock tires with 5/8's studs and then took her out and man i need to put more studs in it cause it wont hook up! the dang thing has so much balls but i dont have more than 500 studs in all 4. i should have 500 in the rears them selves but i had an hour to stud up all four and it is a blast bangin 5th and goin into a 4th gear slide!

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
That's COOL! Would like to see photos of that! :rock

·
Registered
131 Posts
ya more studs it what you need... i am throwing close to 1800 in my pred.
we dont have any tracks up here tho... just open ice to ride on...

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
I am waiting for the ICE to get thick enough to ride on here. The Ice finally freezed but passed week as been above freezing so now its slush. Hopefully it gets cold and stays really cold so the inches can pile up I want to do some ice riding.

·
Registered
921 Posts
:rock :rock :yfz :yfz hay cool sounds like fun, i just got my new tires razrs 2 an i put 1200 in the rears an 1000 in the front two an i have yet to try it, hopefully in the next few weaks it will frezze, my tires look sick, i used 2200 gold cutter racing screws 1/2inch, hopefully she flys

·
Registered
9,372 Posts
Originally posted by seatec@Dec 31 2003, 08:07 PM
man, i want to do a 360 at 50mph on ice so bad!! :blah
:stupid Cody Anderson on this board did it in H4........ he was on the 400ex in on the ice...... he wasnt going 50 it didnt look like, but prolly about 10 or 15 :rock

·
Registered
125 Posts
hey cats and dogs, i know this doesnt have anything to do with studs, but, i just bought a set of paddles for mine to try out in the snow, has anyone tried this on a yfz or anything else. i never have and now that the damn snow melted i am just wondering what its like...... i have it piped(baldwin) jetted, cam mod, and pro intake. i'm thinking that this thing will haul serious but on the snowmobile trails this winter and i'm kindive stoaked about it, just wondering if anyone has any foresight on this, thanks, crash
ride hard,fast & free!!!!! later.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yea i got to get me some razrs for next winter! i just studded up my stock tires with 5/8 studs and i def need a solid nobby to throw in a thousand studs

·
Registered
107 Posts
Last year for ice racing (which was showed in H6) I took 20" razr's for the front and rear and studded the hell outta them. I have 5 screws in each X shaped thing and even on my screamin shee it hooked up pretty well. This year the lakes are kinda half snow and ice so paddles won't work and neither will the studs :re Crash if you're wondering how paddles do in snow I tried them last year on my blaster and shee and I found that the perfect amount of snow was about 3-4" on the lake and about 6" on the ground. I'm still waiting to throw the roostin tires on the fiddy to see how it throws :rock

·
Registered
921 Posts
thats what i did i put 5 in each lug like an x pattern hopefully it works, i ganna be really cold next week so hopefully i can try them out :rock :yfz :yfz :yfz

1 - 13 of 13 Posts