YFZ Central banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. I was wondering if anyone here has used spacers to get the front end wider. I see that Dura Blue makes some. For the rear end I will just get a new axle. Any suggestions on axles or spacer would be appreciated.
Thanks.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Slinger,

From what I hear i would not use spacers at any time for m/x.

Geoff

·
Registered
9,372 Posts
Originally posted by Aussiequadrider@Nov 24 2003, 04:44 AM
Slinger,

From what I hear i would not use spacers at any time for m/x.

Geoff
:stupid do not use wheel spacers if you will be doing ANY jumping...... u will bend your hubs and hav to buy new one *aww shucks huh* :blah

·
Registered
631 Posts
WHEEL SPACERS ARE A BAD IDEA. i've seen many people get hurt using them on mx tracks. they bend very easy on jumps. my suggestion would be buy a wider axle & wider a arms if you want to widen your quad. just my .02.

andy

·
Registered
95 Posts
I just put some wheel spacers on my Wife's YFZ and it's almost too wide now. The other thing that I ran into was that the rear rims (douglas race rings in and out) will not fit over the rear spacers. We want to buy a-arms and an axle but then when we go play riding it's too wide. Right now we can just take off the extenders and go ditch riding. I do not have any time on a motocross track with it though, but I know that they won't be strong enough for me. So, I think we are going to get the RPM axle rear and some Leager's for the front.

·
Registered
213 Posts
I WATCHED A FRIEND OF MINE WITH A BANSHEE THAT HAD REVERSED WHEELS AND SPACERS ON THE FRONT NEEDLESS TO SAY YOU KNOW WHAT HAPPEND HE SNAPPED THE SPINDLE AND HIS WHEEL WENT FLYING INTO A POND AT BUDDS CREEK

1 - 7 of 7 Posts