YFZ Central banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
should i sell my modded banshee and buy a yfz450??
i do a lot of trail riding, jumping, dragging, and hopefully MX soon. after reading all about this i'm thinking i'm stupid for ever getting a banshee and putting money into it. i've ridden a few 400ex's, slightly modded, and i don't think it's enough power for me, since i'm used to the power and accel. of a banshee. the only thing i like about the 400 is the handling and shocks, so would it be a smart move to sell the banshee as quick as i can and jump at one of these 450's?? help me out here.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I love my YFZ but I really think you should wait to get the Honda that everyone talks about. It'll be out in about 3 or 4 years.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I love my YFZ but I really think you should wait to get the Honda that everyone talks about. It'll be out in about 3 or 4 years.
yeah.. exactly..

but id get it. You will probably miss the 2stroke hit, but i hear the 450 hits just like a 2stroke. I should be able to tell you in about a week when i get mine :lol

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
yeah.. exactly..

but id get it. You will probably miss the 2stroke hit, but i hear the 450 hits just like a 2stroke. I should be able to tell you in about a week when i get mine :lol
Feels more like a 2-stroke to me than anything. reminds me of being on an R

·
Premium Member
1,214 Posts
Feels more like a 2-stroke to me than anything. reminds me of being on an R
EXACTLY.....the first time I got on it, I was like hey it's my 250R WTF?....But I love ridding in the RPMs, and not in the torque.

Already I've also now have beaten a piped predator with my bike being bone stock (no airbox lid removal, or "pea shooter" removal) The YFZ has opened my eyes from being a honda nazi :lol :lol

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
sweet, yea i love the hit of the 2-stroke. i've ridden modded 400ex's and i don't like how they don't have that much power and don't hit like a 2-stroke, they feel like it's all torque and no real "speed". i'm going to be putting my banshee up on ebay soon and see how much i can get for it, then i'll be getting a yfz450! that is if my dad doesn't back stab me and get a rancher... :evil: lets just say he wouldn't be waking up the next morning....hehehhe :twisted:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
isn't it going to be showing September 12? and i heard it's supposed to come out at the end of the year...i'll have to find some more details on the whole honda thing, but in the meantime, my heart is set on the yfz450!

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
All you have to do is ride one once and you will know the answer! HELL YEA! This quad is unbelievable. It is so quick, handles great, I think it has great power through the woods and hill climbing. I love it. It is a lot better than a Shee IMO. It does not hit like a shee does though. It'll probably feel weak at first because of that.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts