YFZ Central banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could someone who actually races MX, XC, and TT or who knows answer the following question? What wheels would work best for MX, XC, and TT racing? Please specify tire size, rim size and offset and brand preference.
Thanks

·
Registered
105 Posts
I'm using 8" douglous ulimate conventional beadlocks in the back with kends and they work great. About 95% of the time i like 8" rims the best the other %5 i like 9" rims. I'm using stock offset in the rear. I just have stock front rims still that work fine. I race Int. Motocross or B at the nationals. Most guys that ride cross country use 9" rims. 10" rims are the way to go in TT

·
Registered
304 Posts
i have douglas ultimate beadlocks all around. 8in in the back, 10in (3/2 offset) in the front. im running kenda klaws on all of them. 18in backs, 20in fronts. best setup imo for mx. not a single problem with any of the items.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the responses. Are you running +2 a-arms? If so how wide are you? Can't decide on 3/2 or 4/1 offset for front
Thanks again

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
if you get a 9" hiper for the rear, you could use 1 rim for your 3 sets of tires...
IMO: kenda 18" for mx, holeshot xcr 20" for xc, and hoosier 20' for tt

·
Registered
9,372 Posts
8" for MX and XC- hipers are always the best/ stock offset........ and 10" for TT- hipers/ stock offset........ 18" for MX, 20" for XC, and 18" for TT :rock

·
Registered
304 Posts
Originally posted by slinger@Jan 19 2004, 11:37 PM
Thanks for the responses. Are you running +2 a-arms? If so how wide are you? Can't decide on 3/2 or 4/1 offset for front
Thanks again
i have +2, but their not here yet. i'm told it will put me a hair under 50", which works for me :woo

1 - 8 of 8 Posts