YFZ Central banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Link quit working so I took it down. But I got the number from the place and am in the process of getting some of the fabric so it can be sewn to the boot or pants. If you want your bike to look nasty and put a bunch of heat tape on your pipe go ahead, or even adding more junk and building brackets or plates go ahead, I am going to get the fabric, and make patches for you guys. The stuff is NOT cheap, but a 10$ patch is. Ill keep you posted.

I got more information and I need to test some of this stuff, if you guys hold tight I can take care of this problem for the whole damn industry. The nice thing if you just give me a couple weeks I will have patches that can be just stuck on with velcro, its a yellow material so when your done riding you can just pull off the patch. The ONLY thing you will have to do is have a black velcro patch adhered or sewn to your boot burning area or pant burning area and it will never burn again. They will also be replaceable. I have to still figure in the costs and what not because the fiberglass thread is expensive as well as the fabric. You fellas/ladies who ride and DONT touch, it will still be nice for you because it will reflect 100% of the heat! PM me for more information.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Well that sucks for you, you must rest your leg on your pipe lol, jk . . works just fine for me. But confucious always say, "Neva put leg on blistering hot pipe"

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
QUOTE (yzjorge @ Mar 3 2009, 06:27 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=753271
Well that sucks for you, you must rest your leg on your pipe lol, jk . . works just fine for me. But confucious always say, "Neva put leg on blistering hot pipe"[/b]

Confucious never had a YFZ with an aftermarket pipe my friend! I have huge muscular calves, if I were wearing the emo painted on type pants with stick legs I am sure I wouldnt complain about it either huh?

·
Registered
193 Posts
HAHA thanks. I am emo :mhihi: . . all the power to ya hulk. And I'm just giving you guys w00ter my whole right leg is scar tissue from burns ever since I was little- I even burned my forearm on my pipe whithout crashing, :wtf: xplain that haha

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
QUOTE (yzjorge @ Mar 3 2009, 08:33 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=753302
HAHA thanks. I am emo :mhihi: . . all the power to ya hulk. And I'm just giving you guys w00ter my whole right leg is scar tissue from burns ever since I was little- I even burned my forearm on my pipe whithout crashing, :wtf: xplain that haha[/b]

Now thats some funny sh*it. I know you were just talking trash.. everyone who has a YFZ with aftermarket pipe has at one time or another burned their leg. I went to glamis last weekend and fried a hope through my new pants and was pist.

·
Registered
606 Posts
is it just me or does the first post have NOTHING on how to cure the problem? And I have always had aftermarket Full Systems and never burned my leg on the head pipe, now on the back side....i have melted several pairs of Boots on the back of them from where my Full systems melted through the plastics.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Looks like the solution was deleted for some reason, post was edited recently. And I believe most everybody is burning their pants on the pipe just before the can.

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Yeah, there WAS a link to a website with heat/fire proof fabrics, lol

·
Registered
606 Posts
oh, exhaust wrap then...i made a heat shield for mine, but exhaust wrap is just as good, and is a good idea, actually has a gain of a horsepower or two, weird...

·
Registered
193 Posts
It wasn't exhaust wrap it was high heat fabric and magma splash fabric, for volcano guys and welders.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
QUOTE (yzjorge @ Mar 4 2009, 09:59 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=753676
It wasn't exhaust wrap it was high heat fabric and magma splash fabric, for volcano guys and welders.[/b]

Thats right! I am in the process of getting the fabric, the site went down so I deleted the link. The stuff is EXPENSIVE, so I am going to buy a good chunk and sell out patches that can be put on your pant or boot for 10bucks.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I used header/exhaust wrap on mine and it helped alot. Its still hot as hell without riding boots but not near as bad and less likely to burn a hole in your pants. Plus I think it looks pretty cool myself. Ill post a picture of it ASAP.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Race car Header wrap is what most people use, it wraps the whole pipe and actually looks pretty trick, find it at any car parts outlet,
Jon

·
Registered
70 Posts
Here is my 450 with the BLACK HEADER WRAP though it does turn white the first time it gets hot. It does take down alot of the heat though it does still get very hot it does not get hot enough to burn pants now. Plus it helps performance and I like the way it looks. ENJOY and let me know what YOU think...

·
Registered
266 Posts
thats what i did but will start to rip over time.....in front of header and close to where your boots are. other than that the stuff works...

1 - 20 of 41 Posts