YFZ Central banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any tips or hints on how to break them in to gain the most power? I want to break mine in right.

·
Registered
47 Posts
i went with the duncan racing method which is like 15-20 min sesions and 30min cool down periods in between.

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
CJP did you notice power gain after your break in? I really liked that article and think I will try that but the questin is did it work for you? I'll ride it hard around my track for 20 minute periods then let it cool down for 30. That that for an hour than change the oil. Did it help for you CJP doing that break in method?

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
I really have nothing to compare it too as to if it worked. The power seems to be better, but that could happen breakin it in any other way :|

·
Registered
97 Posts
The biggest and most important issue with break-in is the heat cycling. You want to heat cycle it as many times as possible. The more times you can heat it up to full operating temp w/o riding for an extended period, and then letting it cool off, the better your motor will be. You want the wear on the motor to occur when the metals are expanding and contracting, so everything seats properly.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts