YFZ Central banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The timing chain guide on the exhaust side is coming in to contect with the blancer when the motor it turned over by hand. The half moon end of the blancer that is. When i set it in the little slots on top of the cylinder that is when it does it like it does not fit right it is not in bad shape just rubs and i am sure this is not right. Sorry if thsi sounds odd been going on ths thing all night.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
does the exhaust side guide have a slight bend at the bottem or is it straight becuase in the manual it looks straight and mine has a slight bend to it. I think this is why it will not clear the blancer .

·
Premium Member
12,069 Posts
Sounds like you need to turn it over. Maybe it is in the wrong way. It has to fit in the grove for the guide pin in the head, but it could just be in back wards.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The guide is in the top slot on the cylinder and the lower slot that is next to timing chain meets the crank and it fits good but when i turn the motor over the blanacer rubs against the guide just barley but you feel a drag for a sec when i am turning it and thats what it is for sure as soon as the blanacer end gets by the guide it turns fine. so like every other turn it drags. But the guide fits like it should . Should the blanacer go behind the guide when the motor turns over or should it clear it?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Ever fou
The guide is in the top slot on the cylinder and the lower slot that is next to timing chain meets the crank and it fits good but when i turn the motor over the blanacer rubs against the guide just barley but you feel a drag for a sec when i am turning it and thats what it is for sure as soon as the blanacer end gets by the guide it turns fine. so like every other turn it drags. But the guide fits like it should . Should the blanacer go behind the guide when the motor turns over or should it clear it?
Ever found the problem bc iam having the Sam issue

1 - 5 of 5 Posts