YFZ Central banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i've been hearing that the tire rods on the 450 are pretty weak.

do you or have you had any problems with yours?
my friend bent his left one, and i didnt believe there was a problem until i saw his.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I'm afraid they are going to be a weak link, they are weak on the Raptor, and these look to be the same parts.
I haven't had any trouble yet, but I haven't hit anything too hard yet either.
I have 1 complete tie rod for a spare, and am considering getting some of the Ricky Stator tie rods.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Yeah I bent my right side several times and the last time I bent the ends as well. My buddies dad is like whodini when it comes to straightening bent things and you can't even tell they were ever bent. But I got the Ricky Stator rods and ends anyway. I don't see them bending anytime soon but I haven't clipped a tree yet with them.

The only problem with the Ricky Stator rods and ends is that they may be too strong. I have a chromoly LSR steering stem so I'm not worried about it twisting but if you have a stock steering stem you may want to steer clear of the Ricky Stator tie rods. Now I'm just worried I'll break a spindle... I don't think any company makes an aftermarket spindle that I know of.

·
Registered
4 Posts
ATV Four Play makes heavy duty tie rods with heim joints instead of Yamaha tie rods ends. Much Stronger for under 200.00 a set.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts