YFZ Central banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 08 Yfz has a twist throttle on it now, and I'm putting a thumb back on it. How do I complete this and please be specific. No obnoxious answers.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Basically, you´ll just need a factory thumb throttle housing (or Honda housing as an upgrade) and a factory (or +2) cable. Then, just disconnect the cable from the throttle and the carb and remove both the cable and twist throttle housing. From there, just reverse the steps with the replacement parts. Good luck. I never liked twist throttles either. Some people do, but not me. At least, not for quads. Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Basically, you´ll just need a factory thumb throttle housing (or Honda housing as an upgrade) and a factory (or +2) cable. Then, just disconnect the cable from the throttle and the carb and remove both the cable and twist throttle housing. From there, just reverse the steps with the replacement parts. Good luck. I never liked twist throttles either. Some people do, but not me. At least, not for quads. Welcome to the forum.
Yeah the twist throttle made me go wide open off a
table top and crush my shoulder snapping my collarbone in half. Not too happy with it. Thank you for the reply.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.