YFZ Central banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,978 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what do you guys do to eliminate the throttle over ride system on the yfz... i am working on one now and we are putting on a 400ex throttle to make things a bit more comfortable.

i know it wount run if i just unplug the sensor... how can i bypass it all

·
Registered
474 Posts
I have no idea what you are talking about. I'm still new to the atv scene, but do have expeirence working on cars. Could you explain what it is and what it does a little for me? Thanks

john

·
Registered
157 Posts
I packed my plug full of tin foil and taped it up. That way I can return it to stock if I choose. Works perfectly. :D

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
Originally posted by whodini@Jan 6 2004, 09:06 PM
I have no idea what you are talking about. I'm still new to the atv scene, but do have expeirence working on cars. Could you explain what it is and what it does a little for me? Thanks

john
TORS is the throttle override system Yamaha puts on their bikes. It is incase the throttle hangs open it will electronically kill the engine.

To do away with it cut the two wires coming from the thumber and splice them together, tuck them away and forget about them.

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
Originally posted by 03'z400@Jan 7 2004, 07:45 AM
what are the benifits of bypassing this???
thanks
One less electrical thing to go wrong, and if you install a twist throttle or another brand thumber you have to bypass it cause there will be no provisions for it on the new throttle.

·
Premium Member
2,978 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
got it all working last night... thanks alot for the info.

it is great.... i personally cant stand the yamaha throttle. i am much more comfortable with the 400ex throttle. same with the owner of thie yfz. he likes it alot compared to the yfz one.

one we get the a arms and swingarm and all from walsh and shocks from baldwin we will get to ride it and will know alot more about the feel... but im confident that it will be a lot better feel than stock( at least for someone that has been used to the hondas)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts