YFZ Central banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
now that the thanksgiving season is over, how about we post some good stories from this year's glamis trip.... you guys go first...

·
Premium Member
452 Posts
How about this for a great story,
I planned this trip to Glamis with my 2 brothers for about a year now :blah . Go out buy my new YFZ, get it already to do some serious riding :evilgrin . We arrive there on Saturday, before the big weekend so we can get some riding before it gets packed. Long and behold, the very next day I get so F’n sick that I ride nearly nothing and for the next 3 days lay around not even able to get up for nothing :( . By turkey day, I leave Glamis by myself to come home because I could not handle it any more. Didn’t even get one good day of riding on my new YFZ :angry . Does that suck or what? There always next year I guess.

·
Registered
834 Posts
Spent the week in Buttercup. It was an awesome trip, and the YFZ performed beyond expectation.

Dialed in the jetting on Wednesday
Dialed in the rear shock on Thursday
Kicked alot of ass on Friday and Saturday :lol

I can hardly move now, but I can't wait to go back.
My buddy has decided to further modify his banshee just
so he can keep up :bawl (I told him to buy a YFZ).

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i spanked my buddy's banshee all weekend long up Olds and Comp.
we got an Excursion stuck at around 10pm. took till 3am to get it out after the bead came of the tire.
i rode the big bowls for the first time and let me say....wow!!
drank drank drank.

and you know, i didnt even touch anything on my bike. i wish i could have played with the shock adjustments.

and anyone who tells you that a stock yfz handles like a bike with built suspension is talking out of their ass. another friend of mine has a built banshee with PEP/lonestar suspension and i swear the thing handles like a fvckin cadillac!

half way up olds i thought....i gotta do work to this bike. i couldnt get past 3rd gear or else it bogs.

either way, i LOVE my bike.

great trip

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
Do some mods and you will be able to pulla taller gear. I can now pull 4th and tote the front tires at the top.

As far as the shocks if you only dune like me you need to soften them way up I am a fat ass at 220 W/O gear and I took 2 tuns off the preload front and rear and backed the compresion way up and sped up the rebound, mine now floats and never bottoms.

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i really need to learn how to do all these adjustments. but i guess i need o put in more hours on the bike to learn how to do all that....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts