YFZ Central banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
first of all the this site is great!

okay here is what i'm faced with, Yesterday I did the cam mod, Turned the exhaust cam one tooth clockwise, then put a dynojet kit in, just the needel and the main168, I didn't use there two piece main set up, just placed a 168 main jet in, put a k&n airfilter on. No lid and a dmc full exhaust on.

Now all of that went pretty good except when I am wide open it feals likes a quiick stumble the revs and then acks like it's hitting the rev limiter and I know it's not. Don't know if I'm lean or fat?

Alt is 4725 and cold

If there is anyone that could share some advice it would be very helpful!

thanks Rob

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
You are lean, and you need to change your pilot jet as well.

Good jetting for a stock YFZ is a 165 main and 45 pilot 4th clip on the stock needle and 2 turns out on the screw.

You need to move up to atlease a 172-175 main expecially with the K&N on there. A 45 pilot would be good but a 48 pilot wil probably be better and as far as the needle I am not sure of the taper but if its close to the GYTR needle put the clip on the 3rd maybe 4th spot, and set your mixture screw to 2 turns out and adjust from there.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info Pahrump, I thought maybe that was the prob, but before I go and start guessing I'd thought I'd ask for some Help! Thanks again, and i'll let ya know what on the outcome. it maybe useful for someone else! 8)

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
Anytime!!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
BELIEVE IT OR NOT! We and I thought it was lean, Not it was to fat. I am running a 158 main and a 45 pilot with the needle at the thrid clip. I guess I better be bring some jet with me this week when i go down to dumont for a week. I am at 4750 in altitude. just thought that I come back and let you all know what was up.! 8|

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
Holy crap I have a hard time believing you were lean, how did you come to the conclusion that you were lean?

And when are you going to Dumont we will be there on Tuesday which is Veterans day, anytime you are going let me know I only live 45 mins away and love to go. You will really need to fatten your jetting there it is cool and only at ~2000ft

I am running with the stock pipe modded (baffle and wall out) cam mod, K&N with airbox eliminator kit and I have a 48 pilot, 1.5 turns out on the screw, 180 main, and 4th clip on the NVCQ (GYTR) needle and mine runs great I was spanking the crap out of pipe YFZ's out there on Halloween weekend

1 - 7 of 7 Posts