YFZ Central banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,356 Posts
pretty thick tread on those suckers. im not a big fan of radials though, i like a more square tire. im sure they will hold up and perform well though, maxxis makes some great tires.

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
kev if u get those im goin 2 b seriously jelouse lol that alright youve tried the regular razrs razr IIs and those that will b sweet and i have the irazrs so well basically kno whats the best maxxis tire lol also did u get anything done on that engine lmao just curious im gettn excited lmao

leveldrummer i really aint either but i got the irazrs to see how they do i heard there awesome tires but wear quick but hopefully i get 2 find out soon

·
Registered
623 Posts
Yep Larry i put Irazrs all the way around on mine and just ran them like 3 races and the rears were shot. I didnt like the way the fronts handled either. So i switched them all out to the razr2's and love them but am maybe going to try them Ballance tires. But through my sponsorship i can get an awesome deal on them GBC xrex tires. They are supposed to be equal to the razr2's minus the price. I can get fronts and rears of them for under 250 shipped.. LOL. I believe the irazrs would have lasted longer if i would have ran them in more muddy races but they was all i had for a few and they didnt hold up well at all.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
QUOTE (NANNYYFZ450 @ Feb 17 2009, 07:00 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=747637
But through my sponsorship i can get an awesome deal on them GBC xrex tires. They are supposed to be equal to the razr2's minus the price. I can get fronts and rears of them for under 250 shipped.[/b]
They only look the same. The GBC's are made of a different/harder compound rubber. Which means they will not have as good of traction as the maxxis, but will last a little longer. It's all about give and take!!!

I'm due for a set of rears....I'm going to give the ballances a try.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Anyone know if these are available to the general weekend warrior yet, or where they can be ordered?

·
Registered
42 Posts
I do believe ill be trying these out myself! I like how they spaced the tread more to clean out faster. Very aggressive looking set of rubber!

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
I bought some fronts this past summer and they hook up amazing. I'm gonna get the rears this summer.

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
I bought them through motosport.com they have good prices free shipping and its fast I had my tires in the next day but one of their warehouses is about 2 or 3 hours away from house

·
Registered
439 Posts
doesnt your friend run the iRazr? pretty much the same tire, just a slightly different lug.
Yeah he does.
If that's the case them I'm getting either regular razrs or the razrs2. I't seems to me like those I razrs wear too quick. I remember one time when we got on the flat track you could see the wear on them after a few laps. They seemed too soft.

·
Registered
711 Posts
They remind me of my GNCC tires from itp.

·
Premium Member
7,356 Posts
Yeah he does.
If that's the case them I'm getting either regular razrs or the razrs2. I't seems to me like those I razrs wear too quick. I remember one time when we got on the flat track you could see the wear on them after a few laps. They seemed too soft.
i ran the razr2 and they wore great, i ran those tires for a very very long time, and finally just got new tires, went with the razrs, the original ones, so far they hook great, i like everything about them, but people say they wear much faster then the razr2, but i havent even put any wear on them yet so i cant say.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Just got my YFZ/BB and will be getting some tires soon. What is it I hear about running the front razrs the opposite direction of arrow? Is it because of a push during cornering?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts