YFZ Central banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems that these bikes decide to work on themselves while riding. the ghost wrench decides to take bolts out of everything that it can, (I know its the vibration) But I noticed a bolt mising from skid plate,left front headlight,and 2 from the front of the gyt-r exuast. Just wanted to give you guys a heads up.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Every now and then, take a 10 and 12 mm socket and just tighten every bolt in sight...

·
Registered
773 Posts
Or just apply a dab of blue loc-tite. They won't go anywhere after that.

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
Originally posted by selector@Dec 14 2003, 07:52 AM
Or just apply a dab of blue loc-tite. They won't go anywhere after that.
Coming off a 2-smoke I put loc-tite on everybolt I have ever taken off my YFZ, have not lost one yet.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Havent lost a bolt... yet. But my right headlight doesnt work either, it comes on every now and then. :sup

·
Registered
214 Posts
Are you sure they were all tight when it was new... Shoot I've already stripped a few phillip head screws off of my bike since they were tightened so much. A few I had to take off wit vise grips and put a new screw in there...

Just my 2 cents

·
Registered
631 Posts
i check mine before every ride. learnt the hard way once. lost my swingarm bolt coming off a big double after that experience i chek everything i can before riding

andy

·
Registered
114 Posts
Originally posted by Str8Wicked@Dec 15 2003, 08:59 AM
Are you sure they were all tight when it was new... Shoot I've already stripped a few phillip head screws off of my bike since they were tightened so much. A few I had to take off wit vise grips and put a new screw in there...

Just my 2 cents
invest in an impact, i use a ghetto one u have to hit with a hammer and it works fine for tightening and taking bolts on and off.....really good thing for bikes if you got 20 bucks to spend on it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts