YFZ Central banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This happened last August and i never thought of posting it till now...but anyways.
I was at hungry Valley in So Cal for the 1st time and a group of us got together to do a big ol trail run. 2 Lakota Sports, 400ex, z400, and my previous ride...the 87' Mojave. Well, we were riding for a while and then all headed up a huge hill, one right after the other. Lakota, 400ex, Me(mojave), Lakota, Z. They Lakota sport was being ridden by my friend Jaimes uncle. and jaime was riding the 400ex. His uncle stopped suddenly and jaime barely stopped in time, but then i didnt so i hit him and my foot slipped back and got caught between the pipe and the tire. My ankle was caught in a way where it felt like it was going to split. and we were on a hill which was the worst part. There was so much pain in my ankle that i didnt realize my pant leg had rolled up and my leg was sitting directly on the pipe. THen the burning came. :angry :angry :angry And the worst part was that i could move my leg. The bike was in gear and the rears werent budging. Jaime came behind the quad and held it so i wouldnt slip further back. Then i was yelling"Its burning!!!" Everyone was there trying to get my leg out. I was stuck a total of about 2 min b4 i had gotten out. Thats a lot of skin. When i got out, i fell to the floor and just sat there. My skin was bright whits in the area with a little bit of brown cause it was there so long. And i saw little smoke coming up from it. They were all around my bike and looking at the pipe. I saw that they were looking at the skin welded to the pipe sizzling. With a little bit of hair underneath it. Man that sucked. This was the beginnig of the day and i wasnt about to let it end cause of this. So i ended up riding all the way back to the camp. But Jaime let me drive the ex. :zzz
When i got there i just wrapped it and went back out to hit the trails. I stayed for about 6 hrs more then we all went home. I got home and my mom was pissed and took me straight to the emergency room. They said good thing i came cause it coulda got infected. It was a nasty 3rd degree burn. Still there too...really bad scar. The worst part about the burn was the fact that i ran cross country for school and the season started in September. And let me tell u...Sweat and burns do not mix... :nono :nono :O :O :O ooooouuuuuccchhhh!!!!!!
Oh yeah...its kinda cool, the skin is still on that mojave pipe. lol. its really burnt but its there. :yfz

·
Registered
631 Posts
:O man i know that had to hurt. glad to hear you didn't let it ruin your day of riding. that would of made it even worse

andy

·
Premium Member
11,520 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
here is page 2 of that post if u missed it. it has pictures after they graphed the skin that was taken from the sprocket!

joe

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
at least he didn't break anything. skin gets better faster then bones. i should know, i broke my leg in oct. ok i would just say broken, i crushed the top on my tiba (your shin bone) where it meets the femar (your thigh bone), behind the kneew cap. i now have a 9 screws, a metal plate, and a cadavar bone to replace the bone that i crushed. the screws and plate are perminate. if someone could give me a email address i'll email the pics of the x-ray and scar pic.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts