YFZ Central banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My herrmann racing longtravel arms and elkas should be here by the end of the week and the weather should be good enough to ride this weekend im really pumped i will let you guys know how they compair to my roll axis i had on my 400ex , the swing arm should be done in another week after i get every thing going i will post some pics later Shawn Reardon

·
Registered
201 Posts
:rock :rock :rock

We are going to be dealing his parts :rock :rock :rock

have them on our cannondale(+3)

and had them on our 400ex(+2)

they are the best a-arms i have ridden on!

you will loveeeeeeeeeeeeeee them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pm me what you think or post them :rock

·
Registered
263 Posts
So does that mean they will be on your quad shortly and we will be seeing a review of them?

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
anyone have any pics of hermann a arms? im torn between front ends!!! walsh, laeger, metal craft, lonestar, jd, jb, gibson, omg. so many choices its making my head spin :uhoh

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
They should be on there by next week some time i will give a full review of the fit and finish and overal performance, so far Brad has been great to work with i have called and asked him several questions and he has no problem talking me through them. later Shawn Reardon

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I am more worried about the elkas not being up to par than the arms and swingarm, i did alot of asking and everyone recomended elkas i just hope i dont regret not getting axis.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I considered the walsh but i was talking to a national pro racer that was testing diferent arms and he told me the walsh were junk that they sent him , thats why i didnt go with them although he was testing and im sure the ones they have out now are alot better he will be runing walsh this year the first set he got were the ones he was talking about . Shawn Reardon

·
Registered
465 Posts
not trying to be nosey, but what did the whole set up cost ya.

·
Registered
676 Posts
I considered the walsh but i was talking to a national pro racer that was testing diferent arms and he told me the walsh were junk

LMAO what ever pro told you that,he obviously is an idiot. I have never ever heard one negitive thing about them.Qalsh is probly the best a-arm set up,they have alot of adjustments they are right next to the laegers T-pin. Walsh would be my #1 choice then#2 Laegers and #3 LSR

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
this may sound petty, but the fact that they cant chrome my upper arms is really a turn off. nate did say there is a great chrome guy near by. im gonna call them in a while, see if they can get them chromed and then ship them to me finished.

·
Registered
201 Posts
i agree walsh is good but 1000+ for a-arms is reatarded IMO when you can get herrmann for 300 less and they are awesome.

And also i hate when people say companys are junk when they have not even tried out there products. Like all of you might say Walsh is the best. If you havent tried Herrmann then you might not know........all the guys who say Walsh is better and havent tried herrmann are just going by what people have said about them. And that is just retarted to do that.... They are great guys making a living off of this and all you guys are saying is they are junk......it pisses me off...........

Herrmann deals elka to. So elka should be good on those a-arms str400ex

here is our dale and 400ex w/ Herrmann a-arms

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I can tell you that the pro that told me that does alot of testing of different setups to see what works best , the first set they sent him he did not like most likely the first few ones they made . The price and quality of product is why i went with herrmanns I would of liked to have purchesed Roll or walsh but i dont see that they are $300 dollars better than the herrmans. Shawn Reardon

·
Registered
201 Posts
Originally posted by str400ex@Jan 23 2004, 03:15 PM
I can tell you that the  pro that  told me that does alot of testing of different  setups to see what works best , the first set they sent him he did not like most likely the first few ones they made . The price and quality of product is why i went with herrmanns I would of liked to have purchesed Roll or walsh but i dont see that they are $300 dollars better than the herrmans.                                          Shawn Reardon
exactly 8)

herrmann is a great company and all you guys saying it is junk have only tried it once and had bad experieces(and got fed up) or havent even tried it.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
I spent hours and hours trying to decide what setup to get. I've got Janssen Racing A arms and swing arm on the way, with Elka Elite shocks, which to me appear to be the best shocks you can get right now. High and low speed compression. No other ATV shock that I've seen even offer this. Plus my Janssen products have a lifetime warranty. Why pay more for a name and no warranty? IMO. It might feel good to have the same arms as pros or whatever, but how is it gonna feel to have to buy a replacement arm? (An expensive arm, too)

Those herman arms look pretty nice.

I wouldnt worry about Elka's not being "up to par". If something bothers you or is off just a little, call Elka and talk to them. They're good at getting you set up right.

Lifetime warranty- Janseen A arms + swing arm + Lonestar axle = almost bulletproof
I cant find a steering stem with a lifetime though, Let me know if there is one.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts