YFZ Central banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im wondering if anyone knows if a guy can ride in the great sandhills in saskatchewan? or if theres any sand in saskatchewan to ride period?

·
Registered
79 Posts
I used to live in that area. The answer is no, "the great sandhills" themselves are provincial park or land (I forget) and all of the others are owned by ranchers. Now if you are good friends with those ranchers then you are usually free to ride them (like me :D), but other than that it is a no.

And to be honest they aren't all that great, about 90% is grassland, 10% is actual sand dunes, and the tallest don't rise over 80 feet at the most. Nothing to make a trip from edmonton for.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok was just wondering. im always looking for sand to ride on. i would like to take a trip up to richardson north of ft mac one day but i hear its a long trail in to the dunes. ill do it one day tho

·
Registered
79 Posts
Ya you're better off doing that. Also I think around a couple of lakes up there, there is some sandy crown land that you can ride on. I haven't really looked into it though.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah there is a few lakes up there. the richardson dunes you can ride on but the athabasca dunes are prohibited for atvs. i found the trail on google earth that goes to the dunes. looks like fun

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
im always at brule. ill be there this may long. 2 weeks a way

1 - 8 of 8 Posts