YFZ Central banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found this on ebay while looking for parts for my fourwheeler, and I will be needing quite a few of these bolts and I thought that this would be a whole lot cheaper than buying each of these through the dealer... Are these any good? I definately don't wanna buy them if they'll strip easy or anything like that.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Parts-Acces...A1%7C240%3A1318

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I couldn't care less about the polished part...

·
Registered
416 Posts
OOOoooo SHINNY!!!!....... :strokin:

ive been to the local harware soooo many times its not even funny... when ever i take anything apart ill run down there and pick up 2 or 3 of what i took off put it in a case and label it, so when i hit the dunes or trails... i grab one or two if what i "think" will fall off on that trip and put it in my backpack.

·
Registered
2,724 Posts
Buy individual. You shouldn't be missing an entire set of bolts like that. Also with the stainless bolts, if you have a knack for over-tightening, your case could be in trouble.

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
Actually that is a decent price. The hardware stores around here rarely have all the necessary sized 6mm bolts, especially not the longer ones, and they charge about $1.50 per bolt for stainless. Before those ebay kits became reasonably priced I put my own allen head bolt kit together through an online bolt wholesaler and all of my case bolts in stainless ended up right about that same price plus or minus a buck or two. Also I know this guy wants to take credit for polishing them and taking the knurls off but you can order them that way and it doesn't change the price. The last bit of info I have to provide is that on all the 06 and newer quads they already use stainless hardware so the strength of these bolts or the ability of them to strip threads is really no different.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts